none
Single bar for each day in Calender view RRS feed

• Question

• In Calender view I want to be able to have the bar split so it is a single bar for each day. I.e a task which runs for 5 consecutive days would be viewed as 5 separate bars one for each day rather than a single bar for 5 days so that the bar content is displayed for each day rather than centred across the 5 days. Is this possible?
    Wednesday, July 6, 2016 2:26 AM

All replies

• drivingmecrazy2,

In order to get what you want you will need to break the task into individual days, so, for example a 5 day task will need to be broken into 5 separate day-tasks linked finish-to-start.

So yes, it is possible but it probably won't be very convenient and will be quite a bit of work.

And keep in mind that with this type of scheme you won't be able to show as many tasks in the Calendar view, which already has limited space.

John

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 2:39 AM
  • Thanks John, I do not want to break the task into individual days. Is there any other way of displaying the tasks on the individual day rather than spread accross?

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 3:54 AM
  • driving,

Sorry, no, not in the Calendar view. To display a multi-day task differently for each individual day requires the task to be broken into individual days.

Curious, why do you want to display it that way?

Just for reference, it can be done with the Gantt Chart view but it's a lot of work to set it up. It requires manually (or though code), populating extra Start and Finish fields (e.g. Start1....Start10 and Finish1....Finish10) with each day's date and then formatting custom Gantt Bars to coincide with those dates. I've done a simple example of a 5 day task in the screen shot below.

John

• Edited by John - Project Wednesday, July 6, 2016 7:56 PM partial soln
    Wednesday, July 6, 2016 1:18 PM