none
Powerpoint Window Captions RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I've been developing addins for office for over 15 years and in all that time I've been waiting for MS to allow me to change the PowerPoint presentation caption like I can in Word and Excel.

I was hopeful with PowerPoint 2010 and then disappointed but I was certain they would sort it out by 2013!

Alas no.......

Yours
    Depressed of New Zealand

Brian Graham

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 12:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What do you mean by "PowerPoint presentation caption"?

Would you share a picture of the changed Word or Excel Caption?

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 12:14 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Since your issue is about the advance of Office Dev, I recommend you to feedback your requirement in the User Voice to help us to develop.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 3:21 AM
  • Hi

I mean the caption that appears in the Window top bar.  Here is an example on word that shows the ID number from the document management system, the version number and the document name.

Powerpoint only shows the physical file name which in our case in the document number so 2629513.pptx which isnt very helpful.

Brian Graham

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 3:27 AM