Google Distance Matrix API not calculating distance properly RRS feed

• Question

• User109943568 posted

Hi All, I am using Google Distance Matrix API to calculate the Distances based on the start and end destinations of our passengers.

But i have noticed that for the same client with same start and end destinations it is calculating different distances at each time they travelled.

i am passing just 2 parameters to this API which are same everytime. 

Please let me know if there is any known issue with this API call or anything else i can replace it to get my distance calculated.

any help would be great.Thank you.

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 12:54 AM

Answers

• User36583972 posted

Hi bokbob,

Hi All, I am using Google Distance Matrix API to calculate the Distances based on the start and end destinations of our passengers.

But i have noticed that for the same client with same start and end destinations it is calculating different distances at each time they travelled.

i am passing just 2 parameters to this API which are same everytime

As far as I know, the Google Distance Matrix API is a service that provides travel distance and time for a matrix of origins and destinations. The information returned is based on the recommended route between start and end points, as calculated by the Google Maps API, and consists of rows containing duration and distance values for each pair. The API uses RESTful calls and responses are formatted in XML and JSON.

But, the same client calculate the different distances with the same start and end destinations is more related to Google Maps Distance Matrix API. I suggest you can go to the Google Maps Distance Matrix API support center for getting suitable help.

Please let me know if there is any known issue with this API call or anything else i can replace it to get my distance calculated.

You can try to use the Bing Maps Distance Matrix API service.

For more detailed, please see:
    Calculate Times and Distances Between Points | Bing Maps

Calculate a Distance Matrix

Bing Maps Distance Matrix API Launches Today

Best Regards,

Yong Lu

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, April 19, 2018 4:47 AM