Visual Studio 2013 "A task was canceled" errors during deployment RRS feed

• Question

• I'm suddenly getting errors when trying to deploy SharePoint solutions via VS 2013. I think this is probably a bug in the latest release of the Office Developer Tools for VS, as this installation of VS used to work fine until recent upgrades.

When deploying a solution, it always gives "A task was canceled" errors for whichever step in the Deployment Configuration comes first (I've tried reordering them).

Two questions:

- Is MS aware of this issue? Is there any workaround or fix?

- Is there a way for me to uninstall the Office Developer Tools May 2014 update so I can reinstall an older version? I'm not sure if this came with a VS 2013 Update, but there seems to be no entry in the Add/Remove programs to remove this version of the Office Developer Tools as there was with older versions.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 7:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that you wanted to uninstall the Office Developer Tool May 2014 update.

Per my knowledge, to uninstall the Office Developer Tool is the same as uninstall other program.

Go to the control panel, then find the Microsoft Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2013 - May 2014 Update, then you can uninstall it.

Or, you can use the third-party software to uninstall it.

http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/Microsoft-Office-Developer-Tools-for-Visual-Studio-2013-May-2014-Update-121511-program.aspx

What’s more, as this is the forum for SharePoint Server, to submit the feedback for Visual Studio, I recommend you can create a new post in the forum for  Visual Studio.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=lightswitch

More experts will assist you, then you will get more information relation to Visual Studio.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks,
    Jason
    Forum Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jason Guo
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Lindali Friday, August 8, 2014 9:46 AM
    Thursday, July 31, 2014 8:16 AM