Phantom menus RRS feed

• Question

• User1960767503 posted

Hi,

I have my CSS menu working pretty much as I want it to, with one ugly issue with IE7-- If you mouse down to a third-tier menu, and then move the mouse off the menu (without going back to the second tier), then the menu background is still there when you return to the top level again. To illustrate:

Go to the third tier menu...

mouse-over third tier menu

Leave the menu and return to the top-level and the phantom appears! 

After mousing out

The third-tier text appears when you go down "Tools & Technologies." 

I've seen this same thing happen with the examples for ASP.NET's CSS-Friendly Menu video tutorial, but it doesn't happen with the example included with CSSFriendly_1.0.zip on CodePlex. I took the CSSMenu.css from the CodePlex example and replaced mine, and it still happens. There aren't any appreciable differences in between my .aspx and the one from CodePlex.

Again, this happens with IE7, only. Firefox works as it should, as does IE6 and 5.5. Any ideas? Things I should try?

Thank you for your time,
     Andy

Thursday, December 6, 2007 1:58 PM

All replies

• User-1045619044 posted

Did you ever figure this one out?  i am having the same issue and haven't been able to troubleshoot the reason why.

Monday, June 30, 2008 7:23 PM
  • User1549770290 posted

This is a bug with IE 7 not properly handling CSS. It is called the Ghosts Div Bug , google it.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 5:10 PM
  • User1549770290 posted

This is a bug with IE 7 not properly handling CSS. It is called the Ghosts Div Bug , google it.

Also use the latest change set, not the compiled dll, I think that one of the change sets fixed this IE 7 CSS bug.

Here is a link to the latest change set. http://www.codeplex.com/cssfriendly/SourceControl/DownloadSourceCode.aspx?changeSetId=11160

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 5:38 PM