none
Edit only popup RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Access 2013 Web app. In the app I have a POPUP view that displays records in a datasheet mode. I want users to be able to edit, but not add new records. Is there a way to do this?

Jim Brown

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 10:41 AM

Answers

• Hi Jim,

Sorry for the confusion.

The build-in datasheet view is not able to disable the "Add Record" feature at present. 

If you want to disable the add recorder for specific table, we can provide a "read-only" datasheet view and remove the add button on the List View. And modify the recorder using the List View.

And if you want the Access 2013 web app to support disabling adding recorder feature in datasheet view, you can try to submit the feedback from here.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 12:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Jim Brown,

Were you developing the popup view with "Related Items Control"? Base on my understanding, when we open a popup view by clicking a button or a recorder in the "Related Items Control", the popup view is exactly we assign. So we can custom the popup view as we expected.

For example, there is "Order Details" which is "Related Items Control". The popup view for this control is that "Order Detail List" view, we can open this view delete the "Add" button. Or you can create a custom view based on your business requirement and assign this view for your control which required the popup view.

Regards & Fei 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 7:44 AM
  • Here is what I was trying to do. Clicking a button opened this popup datasheet view. Still have not found a way to make it edit only. Removing the action bar buttons didn't seem to do anything.

Instead of fighting it, I decided to embrace it. I edited the form so that the "new" record that always displays at least correctly adds a record.

Jim Brown

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 9:58 AM
  • Hi Jim,

Sorry for the confusion.

The build-in datasheet view is not able to disable the "Add Record" feature at present. 

If you want to disable the add recorder for specific table, we can provide a "read-only" datasheet view and remove the add button on the List View. And modify the recorder using the List View.

And if you want the Access 2013 web app to support disabling adding recorder feature in datasheet view, you can try to submit the feedback from here.

Regards & Fei

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 12:19 PM