Website App with log in

Question

• Hello,

I would like to make an app for our university. Its called the X-Learn. It is for students to access their marks, attendance, and other assignments and study materials. That site has a login with username and password. I would like to make an app which logs in the user (one time login) and the student should be able to see the website content in the app like books ,etc.

I have already made some part of the app. But i am stuck at the login. It uses php file for authorization. Also i have tried to add a x-ms-webview but the src part of the webview i want it to be variable. Please provide help at least for the last part.i.e variable src. i want src to be made from form elements like someurl.aspx?sem=5&reg=121088 that 5 ans 121088 should be taken from form fields and given to src part of webview.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 12:23 PM

Answers

• Hello Praveen Ravichandran,

you can use the navigate() method instead of setting the src attribute for navigation.
    For more information, you can read the tutorial at [1].

[1] http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/appbuilder/archive/2013/10/01/blending-apps-and-sites-with-the-html-x-ms-webview.aspx

Regards,
    Bo Liu
    App-Entwickler-Hotline for MSDN Online Germany

Disclaimer:
    Please take into consideration, that further inquiries cannot or will be answered with delay.
    For further information please contact us per telephone through the App-Entwickler-Hotline: http://www.msdn-online.de/Hotline
    App-Entwickler-Hotline: Fast and professional help for software developers free of charge!

For this post by the App-Entwickler-Hotline the following terms and conditions apply: Trademarks, Privacy as well as the separate terms of use for die App-Entwickler-Hotline.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 12:42 PM
  • Hi Praveen,

Rather than a webview, I would use HttpClient that connects to a web service on your server.  This way you get more control and less bandwidth because you are only getting raw data.  You can then save credentials on the app to create dynamic tokens that you can use to authenticate your HttpClient calls.  Webviews are great because you can just point it to a live webpage but users would prefer an app experience on an app and web experience on browsers.  Putting your website's page on an app is really no different from a user using a IE to get there.

Cheers!

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 5:33 AM

All replies

• Hello Praveen Ravichandran,

you can use the navigate() method instead of setting the src attribute for navigation.
    For more information, you can read the tutorial at [1].

[1] http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/appbuilder/archive/2013/10/01/blending-apps-and-sites-with-the-html-x-ms-webview.aspx

Regards,
    Bo Liu
    App-Entwickler-Hotline for MSDN Online Germany

Disclaimer:
    Please take into consideration, that further inquiries cannot or will be answered with delay.
    For further information please contact us per telephone through the App-Entwickler-Hotline: http://www.msdn-online.de/Hotline
    App-Entwickler-Hotline: Fast and professional help for software developers free of charge!

For this post by the App-Entwickler-Hotline the following terms and conditions apply: Trademarks, Privacy as well as the separate terms of use for die App-Entwickler-Hotline.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 12:42 PM
  • Hi Praveen,

Rather than a webview, I would use HttpClient that connects to a web service on your server.  This way you get more control and less bandwidth because you are only getting raw data.  You can then save credentials on the app to create dynamic tokens that you can use to authenticate your HttpClient calls.  Webviews are great because you can just point it to a live webpage but users would prefer an app experience on an app and web experience on browsers.  Putting your website's page on an app is really no different from a user using a IE to get there.

Cheers!

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 5:33 AM