Excel services - how to add a report filter ? RRS feed

• Question

• I am I am publishing a power pivot workbook to SharePoint 2013 in order to let users interact with it by means of Excel services. I am trying to specify a global filter for the report in the the dedicated Excel services menu that is displayed on the left-hand side of the screen.But without any success so far.

When saving the workbook, I have selected the browser view options "show items in the workbook" and selected a couple of named ranges. In the "parameters" tab of the browser view options dialogue, I have selected one of the slicers which were available in the list of items to select.I can select nothing else but slicers, so I was hopeful that the slicer would show up in the filter menu. 

Could anyone provide details on how to use this parameters feature when publishing to SharePoint ? How can I have this menu populated with dates that user can select to filter the whole report ?

Monday, June 13, 2016 5:18 PM

Answers

• This may help you.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Use-a-report-filter-in-a-PivotTable-or-PivotChart-report-f529b739-9f59-4d16-8a69-666273140d90

Please Mark it as Answered if it answered your question OR mark it as Helpful if it help you to solve your problem.

Sunday, January 1, 2017 6:19 AM
    Answerer

All replies