Merge two question on connections with Control Channel Trigger built up over SoftAP on Connected Standby PC RRS feed

Answers

• Please do not post multiple threads for the same problem.

I am going to suggest you open a support case to investigate into this further.   

You may already have support cases associated with your developer account so you can use your developer account to open a support case.   

1.)    Visit the URL: http://aka.ms/storesupportwith your developer account.  

2.)    Towards the bottom of the page, there is a link that says “…contact us immediately.”  

3.)    Click that link and then it will ask you to choose the support type. To reach the correct support team choose the following:  

a. Problem Type: “Technical support for Windows Store and Windows Phone app development” 
    b. Category: “appropriate category" 
    c. Once you do that, there should be an option that lets you “Request a call”/ “Start Email” 

--Rob

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 8:17 PM

All replies

• Hello,

My Metro app need to use StreamSocket to do connection & send/recv data.

but if I select Capability of internetClientServer, my ConnectAsync will always takes 21 seconds to return,

if i do not select the Capability, it will soon connected, but I can not send/recv properly.

The connection is using SoftAP built up with HostedNetwork.

My computer support Connect Standby, Win8.1+Atom CPU+32bit OS+X64-based processor+ Broadcom 802.11abgn wireless SDIO Adapter.

It only happen on this config. the app works well on other pc.

Please help to check if it is a Microsoft BUG.

Thanks so much.

programmer

Monday, November 18, 2013 11:53 AM
  • The best way to troubleshoot this issue is to collect a Network trace using tools such as Network Monitor or Wireshark and analyze it. All that ConnectAsync does under the hood is perform a name resolution of the target you are trying to connect to and then establish a TCP-IP connection with the remote server. The capability is just used to check whether you can perform a certain operation or not and is more like an access check/ security setting to allow/disallow certain operations.

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

Monday, November 18, 2013 7:07 PM
  • Please do not post multiple threads for the same problem.

I am going to suggest you open a support case to investigate into this further.   

You may already have support cases associated with your developer account so you can use your developer account to open a support case.   

1.)    Visit the URL: http://aka.ms/storesupportwith your developer account.  

2.)    Towards the bottom of the page, there is a link that says “…contact us immediately.”  

3.)    Click that link and then it will ask you to choose the support type. To reach the correct support team choose the following:  

a. Problem Type: “Technical support for Windows Store and Windows Phone app development” 
    b. Category: “appropriate category" 
    c. Once you do that, there should be an option that lets you “Request a call”/ “Start Email” 

--Rob

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 8:17 PM