Logshipping Copy And Restore problem RRS feed

• General discussion

• when i configured log shipping, backup is coming properly but copy is not happening and showing restore succeeded but if i insert any data it is not reflecting at secondary server please help me
    Saturday, November 23, 2013 8:32 AM

All replies

• Monitor Log Shipping

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190224.aspx

Best Regards,Uri Dimant SQL Server MVP, http://sqlblog.com/blogs/uri_dimant/

MS SQL optimization: MS SQL Development and Optimization
    MS SQL Consulting: Large scale of database and data cleansing
    Remote DBA Services: Improves MS SQL Database Performance
    SQL Server Integration Services: Business Intelligence

Sunday, November 24, 2013 7:48 AM
  • Try the below steps:

1) Verify the copy job history and make sure it has not faced any failures.

2)Physically verify the BACKUP & COPY location to make sure the files are being copied.

3) Verify the restore job history and verify that the number of restored files should be greater then one. refer the below screenshot. if the number of restored files is 0 try to find the reason. You might be missing one of the transaction log backup, in that case you might need to resetup the Logshipping if you cannot get the missing transactionlog file.

Monday, December 30, 2013 9:57 AM
  • when i configured log shipping, backup is coming properly but copy is not happening and showing restore succeeded but if i insert any data it is not reflecting at secondary server please help me

If copy job is failing, restore job has nothing to restore and it would succeed and restore zero files. You need to look at the history of copy job and find the error there. 

Balmukund Lakhani | Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other users find a solution quicker
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Blog | Team Blog | @Twitter
    Author: SQL Server 2012 AlwaysOn - Paperback, Kindle

Monday, December 30, 2013 10:11 AM
  • hi,

you can make use of below queries to track the backup,copy, restore files.

run below query on your primary server to find last backed up log file.

Select * from msdb.dbo.log_shipping_monitor_primary 

run below query on secondary server to verify last copied and restored files.

Select * from msdb.dbo.log_shipping_monitor_secondary
    verify these columns last_copied_date , last_copied_file , last_restored_date , last_copied_file

Regards,
    Praveen D'sa
    MCITP - Database Administrator - 2008
    sqlerrors

Monday, December 30, 2013 10:40 AM