none
VS2010 ReportViewer error after changing framework to .Net 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have successfully converted my VS 2008 project to VS 2010 and the default framework was .Net 3.5 and reportviewer.winform 10.0.0 and tested the application the report was working fine.

And later I changed the framework to .Net 4.0 and rebuild the project and it was successfully built, but when I want to test the report I am getting error

The report definition is not valid. The Report element not found.

What could be the possible issue as the Ms. ReportViewer.Winform still 10.0.0. Do i need to change it?

Thank you in advance

Friday, February 21, 2020 8:15 AM

Answers

• Hi Karen

Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I tried and it didnt work and finally the solution was I pointed back the reference to version 8.0.0 and it solved the issue 

Thank You

• Marked as answer by lini0103 Tuesday, February 25, 2020 12:26 PM
    Tuesday, February 25, 2020 12:26 PM

All replies

• If the break is when moving to Framework 4, try cleaning the project from solution explorer then rebuild and try again or from windows explorer delete the obj and bin folder then rebuild and run.

If that does not work try creating a new simple report and see if it has the same problem, even better is to create a new project and do it there.

Lastly, most developers have moved to at least VS2015 and higher so it's not easy for most to reproduce your issue.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Friday, February 21, 2020 10:39 AM
  • Hi Karen

Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I tried and it didnt work and finally the solution was I pointed back the reference to version 8.0.0 and it solved the issue 

Thank You

• Marked as answer by lini0103 Tuesday, February 25, 2020 12:26 PM
    Tuesday, February 25, 2020 12:26 PM