none
Getting service health using Office 365 Service Communications API RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to use the Office 365 Service Communications API - GetEvents to get the service incidents and maintenance events. From the events I am trying to determine the service statuses (healthy or not). 

I am passing {0,1} values for the preferredEventTypes parameter.

1. Can I assume a service is healthy, if there are no events for that particular service without an end date? I ask this question because, I once saw an event in "Service Degradation" state, but it had an end time value. 

I don't understand the correlation between Incidents, advisories which I see in the dashboard, and the service incidents and maintenance events which I get from the API.

Please help.

Thanks,

Mohan

• Edited by Iam_MohanK Wednesday, July 26, 2017 8:42 AM
    Wednesday, July 26, 2017 8:41 AM

All replies

• Mohan,

Did you get any further. I am having the same question myself. I tried all the API options (0,1,2) and get results but I really just want the same as the Admin Dashboard, 'All Services Healthy' so i can monitor via powershell and write results to a SP list... any pointers ?

Mike D

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 3:22 AM
  • Mike,

Unfortunately no. I think you may be aware of this, but the next version of the API would help, I believe. Having said that, it is still a preview build. You can refer below:

Office 365 Service Communications API reference (preview)

Also, just a heads up, OAuth is mandatory for the next version of the API.

Mohan

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 4:02 AM