TFS2010 to TFS2012 Upgrade time RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I am currently migrating a 500Gb project collection from TFS2010 to TFS2010 V2. Its been going for almost 24 hours now, but I am not seeing errors. The SQL server is on another machine. Im asking if this could be normal or do i need to think about restoring back to TFS10 :(

Sunday, April 28, 2013 1:54 PM

All replies

• Hi Geraint,

It will take quite some time. Did you do anything to optimize the performance before starting the migration (ie cleaning up unused workspaces, making sure tempdb database files were set per processor of SQL Server, etc...)? How many processors and RAM are set on the SQL Server?

Jim

Sunday, April 28, 2013 6:45 PM
  • Hi, 

Yes we over ran our time and are now restoring back :( I will need to increase disk performance on the storage array and then try again....was estimating it to take 70hrs

Sunday, April 28, 2013 7:08 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your post.

Hope you can update the result after you increase disk performance. Does the migration performance faster?

Also, hope you can tell us the version of your SQL server, OS version which run on SQL.

Regards,

Lily Wu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, April 29, 2013 6:39 AM