none
Error while converting DB2 data into EDI 856 file. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i am generating EDI 856 files from DB2 staging tables. In EDI the fields are seperated by '*'. its working fine.  But for one order its failing because it contails '*' in the data  (ex ** Florida **) .   So please give an Idea. Thanks

ravindra

Thursday, June 28, 2012 1:52 PM

Answers

• You may need to create a custom pipeline component to resolve this prior to EdiReceive being used to separate the fields of the message. I would have the component replace the extra asterices or perhaps remove them.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline

Thursday, June 28, 2012 5:31 PM

All replies

• You may need to create a custom pipeline component to resolve this prior to EdiReceive being used to separate the fields of the message. I would have the component replace the extra asterices or perhaps remove them.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline

Thursday, June 28, 2012 5:31 PM
  • Hi,

I would suggest follow Ben's work around, you would need to remove the extra * may be in a pipeline or the map if you are using one.

Regards,
    Bali
    MCTS: BizTalk Server 2010,BizTalk Server 2006 and WCF
    My Blog:dpsbali-biztalkweblog
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if this helps.

Monday, July 2, 2012 6:56 AM
  • In the agreements Party A -> Party B tab, "Character set and separator" page, there is check box "Replace separators in payload with" and specify the character in it.

Thanks
    Bhava

Thursday, July 19, 2012 11:56 PM