none
Web Service Excel Add In Error RRS feed

• Question

• I have chosen the 2013 or Later Excel option under request/response and added sample data. I ran the prediction on the sample data and received results, but when I attempt to add data from my spreadsheet I receive the following error:

Error! {"error":{"code":"BadArgument","message":"Invalid argument provided.","details":[{"code":"InputParseError","target":"input1","message":"Parsing of input vector failed. Verify the input vector has the correct number of columns and data types. Additional details: Input string was not in a correct format.."}]}}

Can someone help me with diagnosing the error?

I've tried this with several web services and I am getting the same error, so I think I'm not performing some task correctly or I'm missing a step??
    • Edited by Kelly5094 Monday, August 13, 2018 10:56 PM
    Saturday, August 11, 2018 2:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

We have a document about Excel add-in in Machine Learning service, can you please check it?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/machine-learning/studio/excel-add-in-for-web-services

Please tell me if you have further challenge.

Regards,

Yutong

Thursday, August 16, 2018 10:54 PM
  • @Kelly5094 Did you find a resolution to this issue?  I am getting a similar error.

• Edited by Lucas-Finco Monday, September 9, 2019 1:25 PM spelling
    Monday, September 9, 2019 1:24 PM
  • Hello Kelly,

Could you try to use the sample data and then compare with the cell range that you have selected? The screen should look something like this.

-Rohit

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 5:11 AM
  • pt-br

Este erro ocorre devido ao tipo de dados das colunas que você seleciona como entrada no Excel. Por exemplo, se o serviço espera um tipo de dados inteiro, mas você digita decimais. A solução é realizar uma transformação na planilha, ajustando os dados aos tipos de dados dos inputs de serviço ou alterar o serviço no Azure, incluindo um item Editar Metadados no experimento para alterar o tipo de dado conflitante. Portanto, se você espera um tipo de dados numérico de formato decimal, insira o tipo de dados como um ponto flutuante, por exemplo.

en-us

This error occurs because of the data type of the columns you select as input in Excel. For example, if the service expects an integer data type, but you enter decimals. The solution is to perform a transformation in the spreadsheet by adjusting the data to the service input data types or changing the service in Azure by including an Edit Metadata item in the experiment to change the conflicting data type. Therefore, if you expect a decimal format numeric data type, enter the data type as a floating point, for example.

• Edited by uendelrocha Tuesday, September 24, 2019 10:21 PM
    Tuesday, September 24, 2019 8:54 PM