none
How to Join the Developer Preview - (Fusion and Face HD) RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

If you are would like to join the Kinect for Windows Developer Preview Program to access the weekly SKD updates please send us an email. The Developer Preview will allow you access to weekly updates which will include Fusion and Face HD and related samples.

Please email K4W@microsoft.com with the subject line: “DPP Invitation Request” to get your invitation.

Our support team will process your request and send you an invitation to the preview program.

Thank you!

• Edited by Ben Lower [MSFT] Tuesday, July 22, 2014 8:08 PM fixed typo -> DDP to DPP
    Thursday, July 17, 2014 12:40 AM

All replies

• Is it ready to go now? I didn't see any documentation for it. Wondering if anyone managed to get it working. 
    Tuesday, July 15, 2014 4:16 PM
  • I've managed to get it working once but only once. Even the same application wouldn't work again so perhaps it's not very reliable / stable.

I've tried the sample application from Kinecting For Windows .com

It worked the first time around but now doesn't work, even after a reboot. There is something in that article about copying the NUI database.

First time around trying to include Microsoft.Kinect.Face I also got a strange error which was resolved by switching my application to run on x64 platform rather than Any CPU.

Using my own application I find that I can attach to the face source frame arrived event, but it never fires.

Anyone with help / thoughts?

Andy

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:11 PM
  • Please can you send me a link to the v2 fusion software?
    Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:16 PM
  • It was mentioned in todays Jump Start to post here if we require early access to Fusion.

I'm about to commence a project where fusion is hugely important. I'm planning to scan rooms and objects to use in a Virtual Reality application. The project starts on Monday but i would be using Fusion until a week or two later. If the public release will be within that time don't worry but if not i would really appreciate the early access!

Thanks

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:19 PM
  • Hi. Please can you add me to the list of interested people for Fusion :) Andy
    Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:20 PM
  • Please add me to the list as well.

-- me --

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:21 PM
  • It was mentioned during the jump start that Fusion will be coming out with the official release. Is it possible to get access to it beforehand and start playing?
    Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:22 PM
  • Add me to the list
    Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:22 PM
  • Hi,

I want test Kinect Fusion Explorer, can I get access to it ?

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:26 PM
  • Just watching the live event on MVA and seeing some really cool demo.

Cant wait to try fusion and Unity support: is there a way to access the demo that were used in the live event?

Thanks a lot :)

Angelo

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:31 PM
  • Ditto... please add me to the list. I want access to Fusion.  :-)

Regards,
    Carnegie

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:32 PM
  • Please sign me up for the beta of the Kinect Fusion SDK V2

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:32 PM
  • Same for me please!

I am currently working on my masters thesis on low-cost 3D scanning and evaluation using the Kinect v1. I only ordered the Kinect v2 for the Fusion part - and shockingly heard (in the MVA Jump Start) that it is not shipped with the current beta. I would really appreciate this - the time is running.

Thanks
    Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:41 PM
  • Hello,

I'm working on a project that requires the HD face features I would love to have the HD face sample to get started.

Thanks

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:43 PM
  • Would have these samples for testing.

-e

-- me --

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:43 PM
  • Would love to see these samples.

-e

-- me --

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:44 PM
  • Hello,

I recently downloaded the 1407 SDK release and I can't find the face tracking examples to look over. Any help with that?

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:45 PM
  • Hello,

please add me to the list for Kinect Fusion.

I want to try out before i think about a very expensive scanner in the future. i hope the Quality is good enough and want to test, if it is better than the expensive scanner that i tried in the last weeks.

Greetings

Marco

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:45 PM
  • Please sign me up for the Kinect Fusion SDK V2 Early Access

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:47 PM
  • I would like to have access if possible but it is mostly by curiosity... 
    Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:48 PM
  • Please could I be added to the list of interested people for Fusion API and documentation.
    Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:48 PM
  • I would like to be added to the list please.
    Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:50 PM
  • I would love access to the features not part of the current open beta.  Could I be added to the list mentioned in the Kinect v2 Jumpstart on the MS Virtual Academy? 
  • Hi,
    Please provide links to the Face and HD Face code samples that were demonstrated by Matthew Simari.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
    Carnegie

• Hello,

I would like to obtain a copy of the HD Face and Face sample in Native c++. 

Thank you,

Jason

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:51 PM
  • Hi!

Thanks for a great presentation on the jump start!

Would love to have access to the Face/Face HD samples :)

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:52 PM
  • Having done some more testing, I can't consistently get face tracking to work using Microsoft.Kinect.Face.Dll.

Has anyone else been able to get this working? Perhaps it's just my face that's the problem (although I have tried a colleagues face also!).

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:53 PM
  • Hello,

I'm currently working on a project where I need face and Hd face.
    As mentioned in the Kinect Jump Start, please add me to the access list of code samples for the face and HD face.

Thank you in advance,

Wassef.
    Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:55 PM
  • Hello,

I want to express my interest in Fusion. =)

When would we have access to it?

Thanks

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 10:01 PM
  • Hello,

I'm currently working on a project where I need face and Hd face.
    As mentioned in the Kinect Jump Start, please add me to the access list of code samples for the face and HD face.

Thank you in advance,

Wassef.
    Tuesday, July 15, 2014 10:01 PM
  • Hello,

First, fantastic Live feed for the Jumpstart program today. i'm writing because I'd like to be on the list to receive the Face/Fce HD samples that weren't included with the 1407 SDK. Thank you for your time.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 10:03 PM
  • LOL my face is too unique also I guess. Btw, face arrive event not firing also. I wonder if the beta sensor doesn't support it. 
    Tuesday, July 15, 2014 10:05 PM
  • Please add for Fusion access
    Tuesday, July 15, 2014 10:05 PM
  • Please add me for Fusion access
    Tuesday, July 15, 2014 10:07 PM
  • In Kinect V2 Jump Start, the new Kinect Fusion and Face/HD Face are really amazing.

Because those are not public now, it is mentioned in Jump Start that we can post in the forum to ask for private link before. Would you please help me? Thank you!

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 10:07 PM
  • I would also like to request one more sample in Kinect V2 Jump Start: CinderParticleApp Sample.

That's cool.

Thank you :)

jsyeh posted: Where can we get the CinderParticleApp Samples? That's cool.
    Rob Relyea - MSFT replied publicly: Ask in the kinect sdk forum, for any non-sdk code/sample shown, and we'll work to make it available.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 12:09 AM
  • We could also benefit from early access to Fusion for our project.  Please let me know if you need additional details.  Thanks! Ray
    Wednesday, July 16, 2014 1:29 AM
  • Please can I also have a link to Face and HD face samples?
    Wednesday, July 16, 2014 6:57 AM
  • Hi everyone!

I need Fusion for my project!

Please add me to the list!

Thank you!

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 7:32 AM
  • Hello,

I want to get the smooth depth map (in grayscale, like the disparity map in stereo vision) from Kinect Fusion, instead of the shaded raycast image.

However, all the examples seem to show the method for displaying shaded graphics image from the raycast model.

Is it possible? If so, what would be the method?

I was hoping someone might have had similar questions, but couldn't find any.

I'd appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 8:43 AM
  • Hello,

I am currently working on the Kinect for Windows version 2, and I need to access the K4W private developer's forum.
    How can I have the permission to do so?

Thank you,
    Wassef. 
    Wednesday, July 16, 2014 9:12 AM
  • Hi. Please can you add me to the list of interested people for Fusion :) Thilo
    Wednesday, July 16, 2014 1:48 PM
  • I'm not 100% sure what you're trying to accomplish, however stereo vision disparity map would require 2 cameras of the same type - (2 web, or 2 IR) positioned somewhat like eyes. The kinect doesn't really have that:

I assume you could get 2 devices and place them side by side - and use the HD camera, or IR cameras and then use OpenCV to create the disparity depth map in stereo vision. However you would have to sync frames between devices using the timestamps or some othte algorithm.

Sr. Enterprise Architect | Trainer | Consultant | MCT | MCSD | MCPD | SharePoint TS | MS Virtual TS |Windows 8 App Store Developer | Linux Gentoo Geek | Raspberry Pi Owner | Micro .Net Developer | Kinect For Windows Device Developer |blog: http://dgoins.wordpress.com

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 1:52 PM
  • Dear all,

I have started to attend the event of the Kinect V2 Jump in Start and unfortunately due to some trouble with the broadcast, I was not able to se it until the end. I have been told by Ben Lower that the video session will be available for download within 2 weeks.

I was asking also to ben if it was possible to get sample codes with has been demo during the session like the:

- KinectPOinterPOint Demo

- Speech demo

- Face tracking

Thanks for that

regards

serge

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 2:22 PM
  • There is none
    Wednesday, July 16, 2014 2:55 PM
  • May I please have access to this also?

Thanks,

Joe

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 5:21 PM
  • We will be setting up a thread shortly for everyone that wants to request access to the developer preview program. Look for that in the coming days.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 10:39 PM
  • I have it successfully working.

I did have some initial issues with it:

1. Going from DevPreview to Public worked fine for a windows 8 app.

2. When I went back to the DevPreview it broke. I had to copy the NUI database over.

3. I then went back to the Public Preview and when I forgot to remove the NUI database it caused my win8 app to crash with deployment and certificate errors. At which point I had to remove both the DevPreview and Public Release and start all over. After I did this and just installed Public preview I tried again, without the NUI Database and it worked just fine again.

I get the 5 points LeftEye, RightEye, Nose, LeftMouthCorner, RightMouthCorner, I also get the FaceFeature properties such as eye closing and mouth moving and open and happy, as well as looking at camera (engaged) and looking away.

It all currently runs. Here's the sample.

(Updated link)

Yes - Win 8 store sample

Sr. Enterprise Architect | Trainer | Consultant | MCT | MCSD | MCPD | SharePoint TS | MS Virtual TS |Windows 8 App Store Developer | Linux Gentoo Geek | Raspberry Pi Owner | Micro .Net Developer | Kinect For Windows Device Developer |blog: http://dgoins.wordpress.com

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 10:57 PM
  • Hi!

I received my Kinect 2 and love it :) We are developing 3D Scanners and follow the technology since Kinect, Carmine aso.

How do I get Kinect 2 working with Kinect Fusion?

Best,

Bernhard

www.virtumake.com

Thursday, July 17, 2014 10:30 AM
  • The link is broken. Could you publish it again? And by win8 app u mean windows store app right? Thanks
    Thursday, July 17, 2014 1:47 PM
  • Hi All the speakers of JumpStart Session,

You guys have done excellent job on K4W V2 Jump start course on 15th July, 2014.

It was an awesome course.  I learnt a lot from the daylong course.  Mathew mentioned that the Face/HD Face samples will be provided on request.  Could you please send me the link to the samples.  I need to develop an application where the facial orientation needs to trigger some events.

Thanks,

Vivek

Thursday, July 17, 2014 3:52 PM
  • We are intersted in Kinect Fusion, too. Can you add us to the list, please? Thank you
    Friday, July 18, 2014 9:55 AM
  • Hi. Please can you add me to the list of interested people for Fusion :) Thilo

Thank you

Saturday, July 19, 2014 4:22 PM
  • Hello,

I guess it's in the SDK as stated in the conference

http://channel9.msdn.com/events/dotnetConf/2014/Kinect-for-Windows

Regards,

Jonathan

Monday, July 21, 2014 11:05 AM
  • You're not alone! I'm seeing the conference right now and LOTS OF HYPE.

Received mine today and I wanted to scan some things into 3D to test the integration with Unity3D.

It's very promising.

See you!

Monday, July 21, 2014 4:35 PM
  • Hi, Please add me as well to the HD Face and Kinect Fusion access.

Thanks!

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 6:07 PM
  • Access to "weekly" updates? The last date any new versions were posted was July 8th.  Is that correct?
    Sunday, July 27, 2014 10:03 PM
  • Yep that's correct, 8th of July was the last.

Hopefully tomorrow a new one?

Brekel

Monday, July 28, 2014 7:14 AM
  • Hi

Can you hook me up with the build too ? Interested in face and face hd.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 10:08 PM
  • Greetings, I need access to Fusion in order to meet a client requirement. I sent a request per the instructions. How long does the approval process typically take? Best regards, Jim
    Saturday, August 2, 2014 1:45 PM
  • Hello David,

How should I proceed to a access the HD Face and Kinect Fusion sample codes? Are they also available in C++?

Thank you!

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 4:27 PM
  • Please can you send me a link to the v2 fusion software?

Best Regards

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 11:36 AM
  • Hi!

I would like to test the new Kinect Fusion and Face HD. Could you please send me an invitation?

Thanks!

Monday, August 25, 2014 5:43 PM
  • This is now available in the public preview. Please download the latest version of the SDK from the website.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=43661

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Monday, August 25, 2014 8:14 PM
  • So.  Is microsoft just going to IGNORE all questions on HOW to get Fusion to work with Kinect v2.0 and the 2.0 SDK (currently 1409)  This is super frustrating, I am looking all over the ENTIRE internet and NOBODY is showing how the HELL you get Fusion to work with Kinect v2  DOES IT WORK?  Did it only USED to work in an OLDER public preview of the SDK? What is going on here?  I have the Actual sensor and the SDK v.2.0 build 1409 And I am dumbfounded by the complete LACK of any instructions or tutorials or documentation on how the hell to get Fusion to work with Kinect v2 sensor.  So far, developing for Kinect is off to a horrible start!  Somebody please help!

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 4:14 AM
  • Kinect Fusion has been part of the v2 SDK since the official launch.

Code (and binary) examples in various languages come with the SDK here:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Kinect\v2.0_1409\Samples

And it's part of the documentation here:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn799271.aspx

Brekel

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 9:36 AM
  • There is no mention of Kinect Fusion in that link.

This is all I am running into, nobody really knows just HOW you get Fusion working on a Kinect v2 with SDK 2.0

I am getting the sinking feeling Fusion support for the v2 sensor has been dropped and nobody in the public knows it.

Was Fusion only part of public PREVIEW versions of SDK 2.0?  Because that is the ONLY time I ever seen any mention of Fusion working for a v2 sensor.  All the download links to older public preview Kinect v2.0 SDKs have been removed so I can not even TRY older versions.  Still need help guys!

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 3:53 PM
  • The Fusion classes in the docs are here:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn758674.aspx

And as mentioned there are samples installed with the SDK here:
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Kinect\v2.0_1409\Samples

Binaries here:
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Kinect\v2.0_1409\bin\KinectFusionBasics-D2D.exe
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Kinect\v2.0_1409\bin\KinectFusionExplorer-D2D.exe
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Kinect\v2.0_1409\bin\KinectFusionExplorer-WPF.exe

No need to cross post btw.

Brekel

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 4:20 PM