none
Category Tile View: Showing wrong Reply Count RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

In SharePoint Community site , Category Tile view is showing wrong count of reply. If you see in below screen shot , in general Category total replies are 5 but in Category tile view it is showing 3. This behaviour we are able to replicate both in our test and Production environment. We also waited for one day , if this issue related to Crawl but issue still persists.

Please give some suggestions on this.

Thanks,

Lalita

Lalita Mittal

Friday, December 18, 2015 12:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Lalita,

I wonder if it is possible it is acting a lot like surveys in SharePoint.  If you start a survey reply and cancel without completing, SharePoint will maintain it.  It doesn't count it in the final tally, but it does increment the ID.  I wonder if something like that is possibly happening here.

Dave

Friday, December 18, 2015 4:49 PM
  • Hi Dave,

Thank you for the reply. I am not sure of Survey , but in my case I can see the reply in discussion but Count is not getting increased. Even I deleted the replies and added again , sometime it is getting increased and sometime not and that too for the same user.

-Lalita

Lalita Mittal

Monday, December 21, 2015 10:40 AM
  • Hi Lalita,

According to your description, the reply count in category tile didn’t display correctly.

Besides the category tile, the “what’s happening” web part should display the incorrect count too.

Which CU did you install for your SharePoint 2013?

Here are some workarounds you can have a try:
    1. Please install the SP Server 2013 July 2014 CU:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2882989

2. Site Settings -> Reputation Settings ->Allow items in this list to be rated -> Set to Yes

Best Regards,

CY

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 9:08 AM
  • Hi Dave

We have verified that the CU installed is December 2014 CU.

And also verified that Site Settings -> Reputation Settings ->Allow items in this list to be rated -> Set to Yes

Still facing the same issue

Regards

Sheetal

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 8:24 AM
  • Also the whats happening webpart is showing count correctly

Regards

Sheetal

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 8:30 AM
  • Hi Sheetal,

It's a known issue in SharePoint.

It is still in research.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

CY

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 28, 2015 8:12 AM
  • HI

Could you please help us in knowing the expected time for resolution of the issues

Also in which CU will this issue be handled?

Regards

Sheetal

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 8:32 AM
  • We are also experiencing this issue. It would be appreciated if you could please post a timeline of when this issue will be resolved. Which CU will this bug be fixed in?

Erich O'Donnell | SharePoint Administrator

Monday, February 22, 2016 12:23 PM