none
Windows update script (powershell) RRS feed

• Question

•       Hi! I need to test the behavior of my application to install Windows updates to version 1803. I have Windows 10 version 1607 and version 1703. I want on the virtual machine to lift Windows server 2016 in a role of WSUS, and 2 virtual machines with different versions of Windows. Can I do it with powershell script? Can I use a script to select and download updates to WSUS? or should I just do it manually?

Is it possible the script in which when you run one powershell script and put the virtual machine is configured for WSUS updates are downloaded and 2 virtual machines updated to version 1803?

I used the PSWindowUpdate module to go from 1603 to 1803, but I always got errors on different virtual machines. Run the command:

"Get-WUinstall-MicrosoftUpdate-AcceptAll-AutoReboot"

From the entire list of updates, only one is not downloaded (Future update to windows 10, version 1803 - KB3012973 - size: 3GB). even those updates that come after it are downloaded and installed.

Who knows in what there can be a problem and how?

Sorry, I don't understand much, but I want to understand 

• Edited by SonOfNicolas Thursday, November 15, 2018 12:17 PM
    • Moved by Barry Wang Friday, November 16, 2018 6:32 AM win10 update issue
    Thursday, November 15, 2018 12:00 PM

All replies

• hello,

The forum is about develop universal windows app. For how to install he update you need to ask on some other related forum, like here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10?sort=LastReplyDate&dir=Desc&tab=All&status=all&mod=&modAge=&advFil=&postedAfter=&postedBefore=&threadType=all&isFilterExpanded=false&page=1

Best regards,

Barry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 16, 2018 6:31 AM
  • Microsoft support gave me a link to this
    Friday, November 16, 2018 8:41 AM