none
Cant see emulators

Question

• I am attempting to install visual studio 2015 community edition on windows 10 home edition.

I am unable to see any emulators as I am watching some MVA videos I would like to follow along.

I am using home edition. Since windows home does not support hyper-v could this be my issue?

Inspiron 13-7359

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.6GHz

I am almost certain my CPU supports virtualization.

Friday, May 20, 2016 6:16 PM

Answers

• Hi Nessto,

Yes that is a problem to run emulators you need to have hyper-v installed so as you mentioned hyper-v is not supported on Windows Home edition, If you can I suggest you to install some other Windows 10 edition...

Hope this was helpful for you...

Best regards!

(If this was helpful for you, vote for it and propose it as an answer)

Saturday, May 21, 2016 11:20 AM
  • Hi Nessto,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Microsoft Emulator runs as a virtual machine on Hyper-V, the virtualization technology for Windows 10.

For emulator support (Windows or Android), Windows 8.1 (x64) Professional edition or later or Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise (x64) editions are required

So you need other win 10 edition (Pro or Enterprise) to run the emulator.

You may migrate your windows Home to Windows Professional or Enterprise, then install the Hyper-V functionality .

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 23, 2016 5:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Nessto,

Yes that is a problem to run emulators you need to have hyper-v installed so as you mentioned hyper-v is not supported on Windows Home edition, If you can I suggest you to install some other Windows 10 edition...

Hope this was helpful for you...

Best regards!

(If this was helpful for you, vote for it and propose it as an answer)

Saturday, May 21, 2016 11:20 AM
  • Hi Nessto,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Microsoft Emulator runs as a virtual machine on Hyper-V, the virtualization technology for Windows 10.

For emulator support (Windows or Android), Windows 8.1 (x64) Professional edition or later or Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise (x64) editions are required

So you need other win 10 edition (Pro or Enterprise) to run the emulator.

You may migrate your windows Home to Windows Professional or Enterprise, then install the Hyper-V functionality .

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 23, 2016 5:53 AM