Metro Style Apps and Separation of Concerns Question

Question

• I see that Metro Applications can be built via XAML or HTML 5.  Within the same enterprise application I can see where both technologies could be used based upon the requirements of each module.  In the context of LOB applications; It seems that if true "separation of concerns" are applied to this new technology, I should be able to swap out the views with HTML5 or XAML without adjusting the other tiers.

Is this the case or should I make a decision to go one direction or the other?  The best example I can think of right now is how Prism allows you too develop both WPF and Silverlight in parallel with only the views being differnt between them.  If this is the case, that would be great.

Thursday, November 17, 2011 2:28 PM

All replies

• Hello Tim.Kelley,

This thread was created in the Windows Developer Preview: General OS forum; the Microsoft Moderation team has moved this thread to the Building Metro style apps with HTML5/JavaScript forum.

Steven
    Friday, November 18, 2011 10:58 PM
  • Hi Tim,

You could place business logic in a Winmd library and then simply use that library with XAML or HTML based apps.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 8:48 PM