none
DATASET - Mouse drag operation failed. could not retrieve schema information for table or view dbo.DATABASE. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone.

I have a question and problema but maybe is very simple to you.

I did a "DATASET" in my proyect of VISUAL STUDIO 2013 but whe i will try "drag connection DATASET" to my visually created, visual studio show me an error message.

"Mouse drag operation failed. could not retrieve schema informtion for table or view dbo.DATABASE"

I don't know what happend and I cannot finf a solution in forums.

Anybody know what i can do?

Additional data: I've Framework 4.5.2, Visual Studio 2013, SQL Server 2014 MS

thanks a lot for your Help.

Regards!

Thursday, September 7, 2017 2:17 PM

All replies

• HI,

According to : Could not retrieve schema information for database object <object name>

It said that "Because the database object no longer exists, this message appears."

To correct this error you should Click OK to dismiss the dialog box.

I recommand you delete the project and create a new project.

Here hava a same question, you can try to repair the Visual Database Tools dsref80.dll

Drag and Drop From Server Explorer to DataSet and DBML Designer NOT Working

I also recommand you install the newest version of Visual Studio, this maybe help you solve issue.

Best Regards,

Bob

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Bob Ding Friday, September 8, 2017 2:14 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Bob Ding Wednesday, September 13, 2017 5:55 AM
    Friday, September 8, 2017 2:07 AM