none
strip out un-needed items RRS feed

Answers

• Hi, David

Thanks for your question.

The Open XML SDK provides capabilities to process documents of Open XML Formats. Ideally, you could manipulate any valid Open XML document. But in the current release, it does not provide such higher-level functions such as removed unused styles.
    Your suggestion would be passed to the team, and will be considered in the future design.

Thanks,
    Ethan
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 7:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Dave,

What about using OpenXmlElement.Remove method to remove the styles or whatever element we want to move?

By the way, do you mean about the latenStyles? From the document,
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/documentformat.openxml.wordprocessing.latentstyles(office.14).aspx

From the documentation, my understanding latenStyles are used to save space of file size for styles known to a particular application.

Regards,
    Ji Zhou
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 1:45 PM
  • Hi;

Yes, that is what I am looking at doing. I was hoping the Open XML group already had this as there are some tricky items to it.

On the styles, I have found that if you have a document with 20 styles and you save one paragraph from the document as a new document - that saved document has all 20 styles - even though it only uses one. It is stuff like that I want to clean out.

thanks - dave
    Windward Reports - World's Greatest SharePoint Reporting & DocGen
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 4:09 PM

• Hi, David

Thanks for your question.

The Open XML SDK provides capabilities to process documents of Open XML Formats. Ideally, you could manipulate any valid Open XML document. But in the current release, it does not provide such higher-level functions such as removed unused styles.
    Your suggestion would be passed to the team, and will be considered in the future design.

Thanks,
    Ethan
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 7:58 AM
  • Thursday, January 14, 2010 6:42 PM