none
Count unique row based on column J and L on multiple workbook RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All, I'm struggling to figure out a macro to count the "unique" number of row records that requires column J and L to be converted to General format to remove the green arrow on the data so as to remove duplicates properly and count distinct both column J and L. I need to count multiple excel files in a folder by extracting column J and L into a workbook or split workbook in case it exceeded 1 million rows.

I also want to check to ensure the column J and L that was extracted to derive unique row count is from same header in all the excel files in the same folder. It may not be necessary but I like to count based on the header "BBID" and "JLTID".

* Otherwise (converted in general format for respective column) follow by count distinct column J and L looping through multiple workbook is fine for now.

My output should extract all unique column J and L into combined workbook and one number showing total distinct record.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

• Edited by heyweed Monday, February 17, 2020 5:20 PM
    Monday, February 17, 2020 5:17 PM

All replies

• To:  heyweed
    re:  something

Your first sentence will probably turn away anyone with the ability to help...

"to count the "unique" number of row records that requires column J and L to be converted to General format to remove the green arrow on the data so as to remove duplicates properly and count distinct both column J and L."

I don't understand it; you need to regroup and start again.

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 3:33 AM