Coloring Data grids Help me Xpert 360 your my only hope ;-) RRS feed

• Question

• I have two question about the following post.

First of all how do you access the code write behind for data grids  for example she is editing;

private IContentItemProxy _gridProg;
    private DataGrid _datagridProg;
    partial void <Screen>_Created()

Is that in Application.cs or ApplicationData or the screen code itself

Second I don't know what assemblies I will need and using statements to add for your sample code. I tried just browsing the project but don't know were to start to see what all its calling and what is not part of the original templates.

you sent my your sample code a long time ago and I admittedly gave in. I have two scenarios now though one project would benefit from a colored cell not whole row based on weather it has a string value(static color X) or is empty(no color) the other project would use the value from another cell(selected color) to color the back ground of an Image control.

I would love the help you have already helped me so much with your AIDE tool.

Monday, March 16, 2015 1:34 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It sounds like you are reaching a crisis point ;)

Perhaps it is time to move your project(s) to VS2013 Community edition before continuing. How many projects do you have to upgrade?

I plan to upgrade and extend the gallery sample for VS2013/15 so now seems like a good time.

Cheers

Dave

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

• Marked as answer by reigh7 Monday, March 16, 2015 9:10 PM
    Monday, March 16, 2015 10:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It sounds like you are reaching a crisis point ;)

Perhaps it is time to move your project(s) to VS2013 Community edition before continuing. How many projects do you have to upgrade?

I plan to upgrade and extend the gallery sample for VS2013/15 so now seems like a good time.

Cheers

Dave

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

• Marked as answer by reigh7 Monday, March 16, 2015 9:10 PM
    Monday, March 16, 2015 10:45 AM
  • I'm not in crisis I 'm in breakthrough mode. the problem I have with upgrading my projects is one of compatibility with older extensions not supported by VS 2013 I am finding work around as we speak. I just broke through a barrier that has been holding me back for four years and I have a lot going on in my head so I am hoping to launch the best product I can now ASAP. A lot of what I discuss here is just tiny improvements now that I have broken through to help the users have the best I can give them soon. I am a former nurse looking to improve Healthcare in a way previously out of reach for smaller nursing homes and places without access to integrated tools and electronic charting. I am very passionate. The color thing is taken care of in my Excel reports I just wanted to tie that them to the Desktop LightSwitch Application as a subconscious reminder of what effects what.
    Monday, March 16, 2015 7:26 PM
  • Was it the Star Wars Joke. I was only kidding I can eventually figure this out just wondered if you help me interpret how you achieved this sample project.
    Monday, March 16, 2015 9:09 PM