Not able to open aspx pages using SPD RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All, I am not able to open any .aspx pages in the SPD. This has worked upto now, suddenly it has asked to restart the SPD and i have done. After that i am not able to edit any aspx pages. Can you please tell me why it is avoiding me to do the editing? Thanks in advance.
    Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person we become.
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 2:07 PM

Answers

• To understand your problem better, let me try to recap what has happened:

- Your SPD crashed and restarted

- After this, when you open your SharePoint Site using SPD and double click on a ASPX page, then NOTHING happens.  You don't get any error and neighter the ASPX page gets opened in design/edit view.

- You are able to open the ASPX page using Notepad/Other Editors and see the code.

If the above is what you are trying to convey in this forum thread, then can you try using SPD from another computer and see the behavior?

If everything works perfectly from another computer, then I suspect that your SPD is having some issue and it may need a repair/reinstall.

By the way, are you using SharePoint 2007 or SharePoint 2010?

Thanks & Regards,
    Kamlesh | Blog | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 12:17 PM

All replies

• Are you getting any error message? what is the error message?
    --Cheers
    • Edited by Prasath C Wednesday, September 21, 2011 4:09 PM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 4:08 PM
  • Before you open that .aspx page in SPD, what does it show size of the file? Is it out of ordinary or more than it should be? If it is, right click on the filename in SPD and select "Open as text". You'll probably find thousands of empty lines that you'll need to remove.

Pman
    http://www.pmansLab.com/
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 1:00 AM
  • I am not getting any error message and i am not able to open any of the aspx file which i have edited previously also.

and i am able to open the page only notepad or VS but not through SPD (as HTML or Text)

Can you please tell me what will be the reason?

Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person we become.
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 10:13 AM
  • To understand your problem better, let me try to recap what has happened:

- Your SPD crashed and restarted

- After this, when you open your SharePoint Site using SPD and double click on a ASPX page, then NOTHING happens.  You don't get any error and neighter the ASPX page gets opened in design/edit view.

- You are able to open the ASPX page using Notepad/Other Editors and see the code.

If the above is what you are trying to convey in this forum thread, then can you try using SPD from another computer and see the behavior?

If everything works perfectly from another computer, then I suspect that your SPD is having some issue and it may need a repair/reinstall.

By the way, are you using SharePoint 2007 or SharePoint 2010?

Thanks & Regards,
    Kamlesh | Blog | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 12:17 PM
  • Can you open the .aspx file in Notepad?  If so, copy all the text.

Open SPD, create a new page, add the text.  What happens?

Steve Clark, MCTS | Twin-Soft.com
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 1:37 PM