App title not localized in the store RRS feed

• Question

• I have submittet and got certified 3 apps that are localized to en-us and norwegian (nb-no). I followed this procedure:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windowsphone/develop/ff967550(v=vs.105).aspx

However, the app title displays as the same title in both en-us and nb-no versions in the store. On the phone, the app title is localized correctly. I have the norwegian appreslib.dll named as AppResLib.dll.0414.mui as described. In WMAppManifest.xml I use the value of "@AppResLib.dll,-100" for the Display Name as instructed in the procedure above.

So it seems that the store is not picking up the correct resource string for the title. This is the case for all 3 apps.

Please help as I am stuck on this.

Tommy

Monday, June 17, 2013 12:02 PM

All replies

• Hello Tommy,

This is controlled by the app manifest. Most likely it is because in your app manifest you have something similar to:

<Language code="no" />

When it should be

<Language code="nb-NO" />

Norwegian is not considered to be a neutral language so if you neglect to include "nb-" then it is ignored by the store.

-Eric

Windows Phone Developer Support

Send us your feedback about the Dev Center

Monday, June 17, 2013 6:45 PM
  • Thank you. I had both "no" and "nb-NO". I have submitted new versions to the store. Hopefully this will fix the problem.

Perhaps a fix to the store should be implemented to use the correct value or to describe this issue in the localization procedures ?

Tommy

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 11:04 AM