Live tile stops updating

Question

• Hi everybody, I'm facing a strange problem, at least to me. I'm trying to implement live tiles to my app and everything worked fine until I added and a large 310x310 tile. After that the wide tile updates twice and then stops. If I delete the large tile everything works again. The tiles update constantly with no problem. Any ideas? This is the code I use for the tile implementation. Thank you.

for (int i=0; i<2; i++)
                {
                    XmlDocument wideTile = TileUpdateManager.GetTemplateContent(TileTemplateType.TileWide310x150BlockAndText01);                
                    XmlNodeList wideTileTextAttributes = wideTile.GetElementsByTagName("text");
                    wideTileTextAttributes[0].InnerText = todayTomorrowHeadline[i];                
                    wideTileTextAttributes[1].InnerText = liveTileNames[i];
                    wideTileTextAttributes[4].InnerText = DateTime.Now.AddDays(i).Day.ToString();
                    wideTileTextAttributes[5].InnerText = String.Format("{0:MMMM}", DateTime.Now.AddDays(i));

XmlDocument squareTile = TileUpdateManager.GetTemplateContent(TileTemplateType.TileSquare150x150Text01);
                    XmlNodeList squareTileTextAttributes = squareTile.GetElementsByTagName("text");
                    squareTileTextAttributes[0].InnerText = todayTomorrowHeadline[i];
                    squareTileTextAttributes[1].InnerText = liveTileNames[i];

XmlDocument largeTile = TileUpdateManager.GetTemplateContent(TileTemplateType.TileSquare310x310BlockAndText01);
                    XmlNodeList largeTileTextAttributes = largeTile.GetElementsByTagName("text");
                    largeTileTextAttributes[0].InnerText = todayTomorrowHeadline[i];
                    largeTileTextAttributes[1].InnerText = liveTileNames[i];
                    largeTileTextAttributes[7].InnerText = DateTime.Now.AddDays(i).Day.ToString();
                    largeTileTextAttributes[8].InnerText = String.Format("{0:MMMM}", DateTime.Now.AddDays(i));

updater.Update(new TileNotification(wideTile));
                    updater.Update(new TileNotification(squareTile));
                    updater.Update(new TileNotification(largeTile));
                }

• Moved by Caillen Monday, August 11, 2014 5:57 AM
    Saturday, August 09, 2014 7:01 PM

Answers

• I finally made it work by using only on large tile, instead of two.

• Marked as answer by giannisdolon Thursday, August 14, 2014 9:58 PM
    Thursday, August 14, 2014 9:57 PM

All replies

• Hi Giannisdolon,

Per my understanding, your code called to update tiles twice. It should be work fine. “If I delete the large tile everything works again. The tiles update constantly with no problem”, can you provide more information to explain your problem? If possible, can you post your code sample to help reproduce?

To save your time, please download some code sample about updating tiles from MSDN. I think it will useful.

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/App-tiles-and-badges-sample-5fc49148.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 3:34 AM
  • I finally made it work by using only on large tile, instead of two.

• Marked as answer by giannisdolon Thursday, August 14, 2014 9:58 PM
    Thursday, August 14, 2014 9:57 PM