none
Setup Project Not deploying all RDLC parts RRS feed

• Question

• OK, we have a project that deploys using an MSI created by a Setup Project. The MSI has an RDLC in it that works fine on the Dev Machine and when the MSI is deployed on other Dev Machines it works perfectly there as well. The problem comes when we try to deploy to a test machine that does not have Dev tools installed.

This RDLC is an Embedded Resource when the form that holds the Report Viewer opens we get an "Object not set" error. It has been pinpointed that the Report viewere object exists and when I use Reflector to open up the DLL it shows the RDLC is in the DLL but beyond that we cannot find any thing missing and we have run out of ideas.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 8:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Taxeon,

This is not a TFS build automation issue. It is an issue about how to show RDLC in report viewer control in test machine. I will move the thread to reporting viewer control forum, where you can get better supports on this issue.

This is an environment dependent issue. I recommend you to debug the application on that machine to find out the root cause of the error. The "Object not set" error message is too generic to identify the cause. I suspect there is some assemblies are not installed on test machine. You can check it by Fuslogvw tool.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 5:32 AM