none
SharePoint 2013 - extract form library data into a data list

Question

• I am working with SharePoint 2013. I have available SharePoint Designer (novice), InfoPath and Visio.

I have created an InfoPath form with repeating tables and have published the form to SharePoint. As a result of publishing the form to my SharePoint site a form library which houses all of the "saved" forms and its associated data in columns. It also appears that a document library was created to house the CSS for the form.

Results I am looking for:

1) I would like to save and submit when I click on the submit button.

Problem: I can save the form as a separate documents in the corresponding document library once I click on the save button and name the file, but if I click on submit my form disappears. I am not sure where my submitted documents are going or what is the point of using the "submit" button. I do not want my end users to become confused and/or annoyed by the fact that the must first save the file name it and then click submit.

2) I would like to have workflows that manage the content located in the form library or my thought is to extract the data out of the form library and import into a separate data list.  

Problem: neither one of these options are working. And I am not sure which is the better option.

Thank you in advance for your time and expertise in this matter.

jtownsend

Thursday, December 29, 2016 3:07 PM

All replies

• Hi JTowns19,

From your description, you create an InfoPath form library which contain an submit button, when you click submit,  the form is not saved to the form library.

Right click submit button->Submit Options->Send form data to SharePoint document library, add a data collection to the form library:

The data connection like the following, (set file name to a dynamic name to avoid submitting form with the same name):

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, December 30, 2016 9:09 AM