Refresh all list view RRS feed

• Question

• User372994 posted

Hello friends. How do I refresh all the list views in the project at the same time ?

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 6:54 AM

Answers

• User76049 posted

@omersezer said: Hello friends. How do I refresh all the list views in the project at the same time ?

This assuming you have multiple pages in memory with a bindingcontext.

If you mean you have navigated 4 pages deep for example and you want to refresh the listviews in the 1st three pages then using MessageCenter in this scenario is perfectly acceptable to message these viewmodels to rebind and when you navigate back your data will be refreshed (or use EventAggregator if it's a Prism app).

You need to provide a lot more detail of your scenario but I'm guessing MessageCenter will solve your issue.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, December 18, 2018 9:14 AM

All replies

• User235050 posted

Why do you need to refresh all listviews within a project? There is always just one page displayed (probably one listview on that)... And you can easily displayed listview on existing page using binding and implement INotifyPropertyChanged.

See example here https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1427471/observablecollection-not-noticing-when-item-in-it-changes-even-with-inotifyprop

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 8:19 AM
  • User76049 posted

@omersezer said: Hello friends. How do I refresh all the list views in the project at the same time ?

This assuming you have multiple pages in memory with a bindingcontext.

If you mean you have navigated 4 pages deep for example and you want to refresh the listviews in the 1st three pages then using MessageCenter in this scenario is perfectly acceptable to message these viewmodels to rebind and when you navigate back your data will be refreshed (or use EventAggregator if it's a Prism app).

You need to provide a lot more detail of your scenario but I'm guessing MessageCenter will solve your issue.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, December 18, 2018 9:14 AM