none
SSAS Measure values disappear when accessing through web browser (MS PivotTable 11.0)

Question

• Hi,

Here is my problem.  I have a cube with 4 dimensions.  When I use SSMS cube browser to check out the values.  I can see the numbers.  I can even use Excel locally (same server)  to connect to the cube and the numbers from the measure still show.

However, if I use a remote machine to access to the cube.  Neither in Excel nor in IE (MS PivotTable 11.0) shows any Measure values (just empty).

But if I switch to a different data source with better data, the problem gone.
    I guess it might be the data problem because the data is quite broken inside local server.  What I don't understand is why the Measure values show within local Cube Browser and Excel but not from a remote PC?

To sum this up.

Bad data ---> Measure values show only in local server
    Good data ---> Shows everywhere.

Dimensions do display in both cases.  The bad data one failed to display one of the dimensions though due to bad data(however this same dimension does display ok inside SSMS and local Excel).

Please someone explain this to me.  Thanks in advance.    

• Edited by Worrow Sunday, June 10, 2018 9:16 AM
    Sunday, June 10, 2018 5:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Worrow,

Thanks for your question.

>>>I guess it might be the data problem because the data is quite broken inside local server.  What I don't understand is why the Measure values show within local Cube Browser and Excel but not from a remote PC?
    It is pretty hard for us to answer the data problem without accessing your data and your data model.

>>>But if I switch to a different data source with better data, the problem gone.
    Based on my knowledge, this might happen only if you have set up roles to restrict that part of data for different users, then you will not be able to see the measure values for the members in that role. Otherwise , you will always get identical data from the same cube using the same user.

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, June 11, 2018 2:29 AM