none
SQM1014 error, and how to generate code only for user sprocs (no system sprocs) RRS feed

• Question

• sqlmetal in vs2008 generates this error in rc0 of sql 2008:

Warning : SQM1014: Unable to extract stored procedure 'dbo.sp_upgraddiagrams' from SqlServer. Invalid object name 'dbo.dtproperties.'

I can ignore since i don't need this sproc, but how do I suppress the creation of code for system sprocs?  All I need are user sprocs.  Thanks.

Edit: Actually it looks like it's not creating system sprocs code, except for system sprocs owned by "dbo" (all with "diagram" in the name)--but they're not ones I created.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 3:39 AM

Answers

• SQLMetal filters out sprocs that are shipped by Microsoft (based on information it obtains from the server metadata).

There are no options to exclude certain/specific sprocs.

Thanks,

--Samir

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 5:49 PM

All replies

• SQLMetal filters out sprocs that are shipped by Microsoft (based on information it obtains from the server metadata).

There are no options to exclude certain/specific sprocs.

Thanks,

--Samir

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 5:49 PM
  • Thank you.  I can confirm that it does correctly filter out Microsoft sprocs, but NOT all of them: it does not filter out Microsoft sprocs that get prefixed by dbo (all have "diagram" in the name, e.g. "dbo.sp_alterdiagram", "dbo.sp_creatediagram" etc.)--they're not ones that I or any user created.  Perhaps these are auto-generated when a diagram is created, but they should NOT be picked up by sqlmetal.  Also, can I safely ignore the error message?

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 6:04 PM