none
how to use the lap_pw resource? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi friends,

I want to create custom LAP for wince 6.0. I started with sample password LAP that comes with the platform builder of wince 6.0. I am able to use that sample lap_pw.

Now my problem is I try to change the lap_pw.rc file by adding a new text box to the resource file and then with out any other change I have build the application then it is giving a error U1073: does not know how to make lappw.res file.

please help me how to resolve this problem. I want to change the existing sample password LAP.  thanks in advance for helping me.

Monday, January 16, 2012 11:10 AM

All replies

• You will need to provide a little more information, for instance:

1. How are you building it?
    2. What does your sources file look like?
    3. Is the RC file listed in the SOURCE?

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com
    Monday, January 16, 2012 2:56 PM
  • let me explain from the beginning what I am doing.

1. I am using VS2005 with wince6.0 R3 platform builder

2. I have created a OSDesign project

3. I went to /Wince600/public/SDK/samples/LAP path and take a copy of "password" folder and renamed the same to "samplepassword" at the same path

4. then I was able to see both password and samplepassword  projects at the solution explorer

5. in samplepassword, plugin project is there

6. I have opened that project, in that project source folder contains lap-pw.rc file there.

7. lap-pw.rc  file contains Dialog, bitmap, icon .

8. In the Dialog it has IDD_CONFIG_LAP and IDD_PWLAP dialogs are there.

9. I have opened the IDD_CONFIG_LAP dialog and changed the coordinates of the dialog and added one more text box to the existing dialog

10. When I save that dialog it was giving a  warning stating that " resource.h not a Microsoft visual studio-created resource file overwrite existing file? yes/no" it is displaying I clicked on yes 

11. Then at the solution explorer at the samplepassword on right click I select rebuild.

12. then it is giving me the error "U1073: does not know how to make lappw.res file"

please help me how to change the existing resource file.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:04 AM
  • If it were me, I would stop after step 5 and build the project.   This will rule in/out your changes as being the source of the problem.   I suspect that they are.

You may need to use eVC to edit the RC file.  This is the case when editing res files in the PB build tree.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 1:26 PM