none
Option is not available RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    When 'Adding Generated Items' below, I don't know why I don't see 'Add Adapter template' below.

Many Thanks & Best Regards, Hua Min

Thursday, October 18, 2012 4:00 AM

All replies

• Are you developing your own adapter or are you trying to add an existing or installed adapter?

If you are writing your own adapter the following should assist in registering the adapter:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa578623.aspx

If you are adding a newly installed or existing adapter, the following should provide your answer:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa561547.aspx

David Downing... If this answers your question, please Mark as the Answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 4:20 AM
  • Many thanks David. I've created the adapter but I don't know why 'Properties' is disabled and I can't do 3rd step below

To verify that the adapter is running correctly
    1.    In the BizTalk Server Administration console, expand BizTalk Group, expand Platform Settings, expand Adapters, and then select JDEOneWorld.
    2.    In the details pane, right-click BizTalkServerApplication, and select Properties.
    3.    Click the Properties tab.
    4.    Set the SQL Connection parameters.

which is from
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa561547.aspx

Thursday, October 18, 2012 8:05 AM
  • Not all adapters have properties... if you look at the "File" adapter, the Properties button is disabled.  Perhaps the CONN_SQL adapter doesn't have any properties exposed.

David Downing... If this answers your question, please Mark as the Answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 1:27 PM
  • Thanks. But the difficulty is then I can't do these 2 steps from the link.
    3.    Click the Properties tab.
    4.    Set the SQL Connection parameters.
    •    Define SQL Database Parameters - The SQL Server Name and Database are those you set at installation. This is the text area that you can redefine the server and database for this adapter.

Friday, October 19, 2012 2:04 AM
  • Hi Hua,

Have you resolved this issue?

Leo Tang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, October 19, 2012 3:03 AM
  • Not yet, as I can't do both step 3 & 4 above.

Friday, October 19, 2012 3:10 AM
  • Hi,

According to the document, "In the BizTalk Server Administration Console, you can verify that the adapter is functioning correctly by looking at the Logical System window. On initial installation, this window is empty because you have not yet established a connection to the server system, nor have you created any logical systems."

This should be the reason that the properties is unavailable. I think you can safely ignore this issue, unless it is required to be performed to finish you project.

Thanks.

Leo Tang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, October 22, 2012 9:24 AM