Clear Follow up flag on email RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i'm attempting to clear the follow up flag for email that is contained in a PST.

I've got access to the properties via extended MAPI and have examined an email with the follow up set and compared with one without the followup. I've then deleted or cleared the extra fields but the followup remains.

Can you advise on how to clear the followup flag via extended MAPI?

Thanks

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 2:36 PM

Answers

• I did that but went about it another way by using the extended attributes. Had the same affect but neither way cleared the followup.

As an alternative i cleared the reminder on the follow up flag.

• Marked as answer by R0bsk1976 Monday, June 2, 2014 12:48 PM
    Monday, June 2, 2014 12:48 PM

All replies

• I did that but went about it another way by using the extended attributes. Had the same affect but neither way cleared the followup.

As an alternative i cleared the reminder on the follow up flag.

• Marked as answer by R0bsk1976 Monday, June 2, 2014 12:48 PM
    Monday, June 2, 2014 12:48 PM
  • What properties did you change? Be specific. Depending on the Outlook version there can be task related properties that need to be cleared as well as those specifically related to flags or follow-up.

What I'd do in the circumstances would be to use a MAPI viewer (OutlookSpy or MFCMAPI) to see what properties are added/changed on an item when a followup is set and then cleared.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

Monday, June 2, 2014 2:59 PM

• What I'd do in the circumstances would be to use a MAPI viewer (OutlookSpy or MFCMAPI) to see what properties are added/changed on an item when a followup is set and then cleared.

Exactly what i did. Setting the followup flag created approx 13 extra properties.

Clearing the flag in outlook left 6 of the new ones behind with the same value. Of the ones removed some of the properties remained with no value. Some got completely deleted.

So i tried replicating the above but had no joy. Time was limited so stuck with clearing the reminder.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 7:03 PM