Improper PNG image decoding using Platform Codecs RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm using ImageFactory interfaces for decoding the images in an application. It's working fine for all jpg and gif images.

It works fine for some png images but I face problem in decoding all the png images created using "Adobe ImageReady" software.

Only the initial part of decoded image is clear and about 70% of image is junk.

I get proper data after the IMageDecoder->GetImageInfo call with proper image width, height and bpp value.

decoding function also comes out with success but the raw data that I get after dumping is problematic.

Anyone has faced this issue before?

EXAMPLE: Try with this iamge:
    http://www.mozilla.com/img/tignish/home/feature-logo.png

And an important observation is that if you put the file in the device file system (I tried putting it in the root directory of professional emulator 6.1), and double click on it to open it using the default application, then too it gives the same junk image, But IE on windows mobile which also uses platform codecs (my assumption) decodes it properly.

Any idea what change should I make to make it work?

Regards,
    Tanmay Anjaria
    Bangalore, India
    • Edited by Tanmay.Anjaria Saturday, December 12, 2009 8:50 AM To add some more details/observations
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 1:32 PM