locked
problem with my device emulator RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi everyone,
    I hope I am posting this in the right place.

    I am writing a driver (INF file) for a component that is a USB RS232 emulator.  My question here is a general one, but I can't seem to figure it out.

    I had a driver that was working fine with an application.
    I tried to update the inf file to include multiple platforms (Win2000, XP, Vista 32, and Vista 64)
    When I installed that driver, it screwed up my machine.  Not even my old driver works!

    What could've the new/modified driver done to do such a thing?
    Is there a way to uninstall the new driver?

    Everytime I plug the device, I go through the installation of a new hardware process, and try to install the driver, it gives me a list of possible ones, and the latest one is still there.

    I followed the instructions on the MSDN website on how to create cross platform inf files compatible with the mentioned operating systems.

    Thanks in advance.

    v3ks
    Friday, September 28, 2007 5:42 PM

Answers

  •  

    This forum is dedicated to device emulator. Since your question is not related to device emulator, it's off topic here. 

    If you’re having a hardware issue, please contact hardware manufacturer or reseller. If you having an issue with 3rd party software, please contact respective software manufacturer or reseller. Otherwise please post to relevant forum or news group:

    http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx

    Closing as off topic.


    Explanation: no, this is not the right place. In this forum we’re discussing Microsoft's Windows CE/Mobile ARM device emulator and not any other emulators.

    Friday, September 28, 2007 9:40 PM
    Moderator