Error 53. Network path cannot be found. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a number of Motorola MC65 devices running Windows CE 6.5.3 Pro. They are running some custom software that manages the scanning and uploads files to a network share. These devices are on numerous remote sites so I am not able to see them physically.

Yesterday devices on one site stopped transferring their files although they still have connection to the network. I talked them through checking the log in the application and it was reporting "Error 53" when trying to copy the files to the network share.

I grabbed a spare unit in the office and found my test device is doing the same thing, which is good from a testing point of view. Strange thing is I have quite a few devices still out there working fine and they are all setup the same. Same software revision, same device firmware and same credentials to connect to the share.

I have tested to see if the device can resolve the server name and it can.

I have ping tested from the device to the server and it responds ok.

I have tried to "Open Path" in file explorer to the share (and other shares) using name and IP. These all fail with network path cannot be found.

I have been told that no network changes have been made.

Scratching my head now hoping somebody else might have encountered this at some point in the past.

Gav

Tuesday, July 17, 2018 9:49 AM

All replies