none
image clicked event? RRS feed

• Question

• In slideshow mode, I want to trap the event that a user clicks a given image on the slide. So not a macro action, but I need to trap this event in VSTO.

How can this be accomplished? thx.

• Edited by Kurt Dupont Sunday, December 25, 2016 9:19 PM
    Sunday, December 25, 2016 8:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Office does not provide any event like shape_click. Please see Application Object (PowerPoint).

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 26, 2016 8:29 AM
  • Yes I know, but is that not possible via late binding. For example here in this article, https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vsod/2009/10/02/excel-how-to-run-c-code-behind-with-a-click-of-a-button-on-a-worksheet-without-vba-code/, I see some late binding example for excel and a command button. 

Would that work with a normal powerpoint shape or a command button (activex) in powerpoint too?

I was trying it without success, but it I have the impression that it should be possible.

Monday, December 26, 2016 9:14 AM
  • Hi,

NewLateBinding with OLEObjects works for Excel, but it may not work for PowerPoint as there is no OLEObjects in PowerPoint Objects collections. I try the similar code and did not get it work either.

I'm trying to involve some senior engineers into this issue and it will take some time. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for any inconvenience and have a nice day! 

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 8:42 AM
  • OK super. thx!
    Tuesday, December 27, 2016 9:13 AM