none
Windows 7 64bit Ultimate RC: MSDN product key versus Public product key RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

This may be a very noob like question, but is there an actual difference between the public download for Win7 64bit Ultimate RC (no longer available) and the MSDN Win7 64bit Ultimate RC? I ask because I wanted to be positive I could not use a product key recieved through a standard Windows Live account to active the installer received through an MSDN account download.

Thanks in advance,

-The Questioneer
    Friday, October 23, 2009 10:09 PM

Answers

• The product key from the MSDN account is different from the one you already have.
    Friday, April 27, 2012 9:04 PM
  • Hi Questioneer,

There is no difference in the product key you have received from the Public Beta Page or from the MSDN Subscription both of them should work as it should be. Just to confirm do you still have access to Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RC from your MSDN Account? I suppose not. Hope you aren't talking about Windows 8

Regards,
    prathaprabhu

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 2:26 PM

All replies

• The product key from the MSDN account is different from the one you already have.
    Friday, April 27, 2012 9:04 PM
  • Hi Questioneer,

There is no difference in the product key you have received from the Public Beta Page or from the MSDN Subscription both of them should work as it should be. Just to confirm do you still have access to Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RC from your MSDN Account? I suppose not. Hope you aren't talking about Windows 8

Regards,
    prathaprabhu

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 2:26 PM
  • Since this post is from 3 years ago, from back before windows 7 was released, I'm going to mark it as answered.

thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 2:45 PM