none
Error while developing a Windows Service RRS feed

• Question

• Hi SIr\Madam,

While revisiting a socket server code (service) that I wrote way back in 2012, there is a need to implement a socket server again. I am trying to reuse the same code.

Am stuck in a problem, which is as follows:

Though the code is getting built successfully. But I feel I might get into problem in maintaining this code. I am using VS 2017 now.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Method 'System.Configuration.Install.Installer.GetConfigurationValue' not found.     

Instances of this error (1)  

1.   Hide Call Stack 

at System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags bindingFlags, Binder binder, Object target, Object[] providedArgs, ParameterModifier[] modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String[] namedParams)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Design.VsTargetFrameworkType.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object target, Object[] args, ParameterModifier[] modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String[] namedParameters)
    at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeExpression(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, String name, CodeExpression expression)
    at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializePropertyAssignStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeAssignStatement statement, CodePropertyReferenceExpression propertyReferenceEx, Boolean reportError)
    at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeAssignStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeAssignStatement statement)
    at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeStatement statement)  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Thursday, March 7, 2019 12:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Ankur,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

According to the description, this issue is about the C# development and our forum is to discuss the .NET Framework installation, I will help you move this thread to the appropriate forum for better support, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, March 8, 2019 8:07 AM
  • The stack that you posted seems to be coming from Visual Studio but you said the code compiles correctly. Are you trying to run the code? If so then what does your startup code look like. 

Michael Taylor http://www.michaeltaylorp3.net

Friday, March 8, 2019 4:02 PM
  • Hi Michael,

Thanks for the support. I am really stuck with my code. Do you want me to send you the complete project solution?

This code was working fine way back in 2012. Now when am trying to run it, I am getting the problem as described.

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 1:03 PM
  • If it is in GitHub then we can get it from there.

As I mentioned earlier, this looks like an error you're getting when you've opened a form in the VS designer. Can you provide the steps you're following to get this error to occur?

Michael Taylor http://www.michaeltaylorp3.net

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 4:22 PM