Ordered test fails RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I recorded a  webtest with the scenarios like Signin,Add, edit , delete contact functionalities. Now  i Used the Extract Web Test to make them into 4 different units(scenarios)for the above test. Four webtest were added to the project as expected.

My intention was to change the order of the tests, ie by using Ordered test.

In the ordered test i choose Signin, edit contact, delete contact, Add contact. But when i run the test only the Signin test passed all the other tests failed with the error "Request failed: Context parameter '$HIDDEN1.__VIEWSTATE' not found in test context".

Is my approach correct or not?  I really don't want to run the test in the same way which was recorded. Is there any other means to overcome this.

Regards
    -Charu
    Monday, October 19, 2009 9:55 AM

Answers

• Hello Charu,

Based on your description, the error indicates while running these web tests in ordered test, some parameters are missing.

As we know while recording web tests, somethimes some parameters are extracted and binded to a context parameter. If you have the whole web tests extracted into several smaller parts and add them to the ordered test, the context parameter will not be shared in the ordered test consists of these smaller web tests, so if edit contact part needs one context parameter extracted in signin part, then it can not find this context parameter. Usually it is not recommened to extract web test into smaller web tests which have got context parameter shared between them.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com.
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 3:14 AM