Signature request RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have set up a document site for legal in which users download a contract template and with that they populate it with info etc then save it to the relevant "Workflow" library.

I need a way for users to be able to request signatures. Upon reading the MS site I discovered you need Word Professional to initiate the Signature Workflow which would have been otherwise perfect for this but our company barely has everyone on 2007 yet let alone 2007 Professional. I cannot think of a way to achieve this goal.

If there is anyone with an idea of how to go about this differently I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks.

Thursday, August 4, 2011 9:32 AM

Answers

• I suppose if you change your way of thinking just a little, then you can mimic the concept.

For example, suppose each person saves their signature as a pic file.  Then you use an approval workflow to perform the routing.  As part of the approval process, users insert their signature as a pic into the doc.

It's not perfect, but it gets the job done.

Steve Clark, MCTS | Twin-Soft.com
    • Marked as answer by Miggi03 Thursday, August 18, 2011 7:45 AM
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 4:07 PM

All replies

• I suppose if you change your way of thinking just a little, then you can mimic the concept.

For example, suppose each person saves their signature as a pic file.  Then you use an approval workflow to perform the routing.  As part of the approval process, users insert their signature as a pic into the doc.

It's not perfect, but it gets the job done.

Steve Clark, MCTS | Twin-Soft.com
    • Marked as answer by Miggi03 Thursday, August 18, 2011 7:45 AM
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 4:07 PM
  • Thank you for the reply, I shall trial it with a few users and see how it works out.

Thanks.

Thursday, August 18, 2011 7:45 AM