none
Waiting to be processed Message in every where! RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have TFS 2008 and PS 2007 are located in the same server.Four days ago, there were some sensitive issues:

I have connected to the PS via MS project professional to create a new project plan --> Save -->Publish.

When I opened it again, the Notify me it is opened by another session and I could not open it only to read-only!

I have tried so hard to make a force check in from Server settings, but it didn't work..i have tried to delete it, also it didn't work and until now, a

message appears telling me that: Waiting to be processed

Is there any helpful solution i can do it, cause i really get tired from this and my boss always ask me about it :(

Thanks in advance

Scott.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010 1:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Scott,

OK sure, the direct links for the June CU, you need to enter your details and then a e-mail will be sent to you with the download details.  There is no direct link to download the CUs from the internet.  This is from a blog posting on Technet:

You can read about the fixes included in the June CU from the following articles:

Note:  There may be a few day delay before all of the articles are published. 

Server Rollup Packages:

Individual Product Packages:

Client Installation:

In order to install this hotfix, you will need to have Microsoft Project 2007 SP1 installed on the client. The article at the URL below contains information on how install download and install SP1 should you not have it installed already.

Note:  We strongly recommend that you install Project 2007 SP2 from the information earlier in the article.

Once we know that SP1 is installed, you will install the hotfix by performing the following steps:

NOTE: Microsoft strongly recommends testing within a NON-Production environment prior to rollout.

1. Download the hotfix from the KB Article above (KB 2028571).
    2. Extract the patch package by running the .exe file that you downloaded.
    3. Run the extracted .exe file to apply the patch to your Project Professional/Standard SP1 (or preferably SP2) client.

There are two ways to checkin projects that I know.  They are:

Via PWA:

1. Logon to PWA

2. Go to Server Settings

3. Select Force Check-in Enterprise Objects link

4. Enterprise Projects from the list.

5. In the list select the project(s) which need to be checked in and select the Check In button.

Via SQL (only use if the above does not work)

1. Open the SQL Server Management Studio

2. Open the Draft Project Server database and expand the Tables folder.

4. Right-click on the dbo.MSP_PROJECTS table and select the Open Table item.

5. In the database table select the name of the "stuck" project in the PROJ_NAME column.

6. Tab to the right until you locate the PROJ_CHECKOUTBY field.

7. In the PROJ_CHECKOUTBY field enter NULL in the field instead.

8 Press Enter to submit the change

You should then be able to go and actually delete the project successfully

Hopefully this should answer your question and assist you to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Dharmesh

(If this post was useful please vote this post as helpful)

• Proposed as answer by Dharm Patel Thursday, July 8, 2010 10:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by rockstorm Thursday, July 8, 2010 10:52 AM
    Thursday, July 8, 2010 8:31 AM

All replies

• Hi,

check your queue from Server Settings. I think there is a still a job for this project stuck (save or check-in). As long as this job is there, you can't force a check-in. Check-mark the stuck job and cancel it. After that you will be able to force a check-in.

Hope that helps!
    Regards
    Barbara

Tuesday, July 6, 2010 1:09 PM
  • Thanks for the quick reply Barbara..I appreciate.

Yes, i always check the queue and there are a lot of things in the jobs grid are waiting to be processed.. I have canceled all jobs, but nothing

has changed. Do I have to wait in order to be succeeded?? I have waited a long time, but it has not been succeeded.

Please guide me.

Thanks again.

Scott.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010 1:34 PM
  • Hi Scott,

There is a great blog posting on this which our good friend Brian Smith put together - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/brismith/archive/2007/02/28/my-queue-is-stuck-how-to-manage-your-queue-service-in-project-server-2007.aspx

I have a few questions for you to enable me to help you further:

- What Service Pack do you have for Project Server 2007 and Project Pro 2007?

- Does this happen for all Projects?

- What happens to the project file in Project Pro 2007 (read-only) 

Just a hint - try to check-in the project, then cancel the check-in job and then go and try and check-in the file again.

If you are able to provide me with more details I can try and assist you a little further to resolve this issue for future occurances.....

Regards,

Dharmesh

Tuesday, July 6, 2010 3:28 PM
  • Thanks Dharmesh..

1- I use Service pack 2 for both  Project Server 2007 and Project Pro 2007

2- When I do a create a new project plan, I can also do the both processes, Save and publish...later on, when i try to open it, I cannot... and a message appears telling me that the project is just for read only

3- This thing happens for each new project i create

4- I have 21 project plans on the server right now and all of them are out of my control...i cannot do check in, modify and delete them.

Dharmesh, I have tried your hint, but also it didn't work....Is there any instruction is doing a really force check in??

Because I do not feel that this force check in which exist in the server settings works good

Regards,

Scott.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010 6:11 AM
  • Hi Scott,

OK, firstly I would recommend upgrading your Service Pack level to one of the latest Cumulative Updates (I think June 2010 CU has just been released). Also ensure that all Clients are at the same service pack level, it is advised that both the client and server should be running at the same service pack level as there are some dependancies between the two.

I would then re-create your local cache (this is done by re-creating your Project Server Account details for Project Pro 2007 via the Project Server Accounts option - please let me know if you require any instructions on how to do this) - this will clear all locally cached versions of the file which maybe causing you issues.

When you save and publish a file ensure that the save and published has finished completely in Project Pro 2007 before you close does the project. It is also advised that you close the actual project before you close the actual application.

Ensure that the Project Services are running successfully.

There are no exact instructions on how to check in a project, however again if needed I can put something together for you.

Could I ask you to explain what you mean by - "Because I do not feel that this force check in which exist in the server settings works good"

Hope that helps.

Thanks Dharmesh..

Wednesday, July 7, 2010 10:00 AM
  • Hi Dharmesh, 

how are you doing?

I'm trying to find the Project Server CU file, But until now I can not find it.

I have did what you asked me to do:

1- On MS project professional 2007,  I have deleted the Project Server Account and recreated another one as following:

• Tools --> Enterprise options --> MS Office project server accounts --> Add
    • In the Account properties: 

Account name: EMP

Project Server URL: Http://misserver/pwa

After that, I have tried to create and publish a new project plan and i did it successfully.

I think, i can now tell my team to check their tasks on PWA

Concerning the old project plans which i have created before,i want to delete them from PS but i still cannot make check in or delete them, so could you please guide me to have any solution about this issue

"Because I do not feel that this force check in which exist in the server settings works"...I meant when i go to the server settings to make a Force check in enterprise object for any project, i don't feel this operation is done successfully because when i try to delete that project, it Still tells me that the project is read only or checked out.

Regards,

Scott.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010 2:00 PM
  • Hi Scott,

Doing great thanks :-)

Details of the latest CU can be found again on Brian Smiths blog:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/brismith/archive/2010/06/30/june-2010-cumulative-update-cu-for-project-server-2007-office-sharepoint-server-2007-wss-and-project-2007-now-available.aspx

Great to hear that re-creating the Project Server Profile worked.

Regarding the old projects, try to check these in one at a time.  Give it a little time.  If this does not work cancel the checkin job in the queue and then try to check the project in again.  This should work.  I have done this many times before.

Ok sure I understand what you are saying.  But where does it state that the project is still checked out or read-only?  What does the project say in PWA?

Happy to help where I can.

Best Regards,

Dharmesh

Wednesday, July 7, 2010 3:14 PM
  • Good morning Dharmesh,

How are you again :)

I have registered there in order to get the CU download link via email, but I have not got anything yet. Could you please give me a direct link to download the file

Regarding the old projects, I always try your way, but it really doesn't work

In PWA, I can find the prject status by the following steps: Server settings --> Delete enterprise objects...in the grid, i can see check out field, telling me that the project is checked out or not (Yes/No)

Thanks in advance,

Scott.

Thursday, July 8, 2010 6:46 AM
  • Hi Scott,

OK sure, the direct links for the June CU, you need to enter your details and then a e-mail will be sent to you with the download details.  There is no direct link to download the CUs from the internet.  This is from a blog posting on Technet:

You can read about the fixes included in the June CU from the following articles:

Note:  There may be a few day delay before all of the articles are published. 

Server Rollup Packages:

Individual Product Packages:

Client Installation:

In order to install this hotfix, you will need to have Microsoft Project 2007 SP1 installed on the client. The article at the URL below contains information on how install download and install SP1 should you not have it installed already.

Note:  We strongly recommend that you install Project 2007 SP2 from the information earlier in the article.

Once we know that SP1 is installed, you will install the hotfix by performing the following steps:

NOTE: Microsoft strongly recommends testing within a NON-Production environment prior to rollout.

1. Download the hotfix from the KB Article above (KB 2028571).
    2. Extract the patch package by running the .exe file that you downloaded.
    3. Run the extracted .exe file to apply the patch to your Project Professional/Standard SP1 (or preferably SP2) client.

There are two ways to checkin projects that I know.  They are:

Via PWA:

1. Logon to PWA

2. Go to Server Settings

3. Select Force Check-in Enterprise Objects link

4. Enterprise Projects from the list.

5. In the list select the project(s) which need to be checked in and select the Check In button.

Via SQL (only use if the above does not work)

1. Open the SQL Server Management Studio

2. Open the Draft Project Server database and expand the Tables folder.

4. Right-click on the dbo.MSP_PROJECTS table and select the Open Table item.

5. In the database table select the name of the "stuck" project in the PROJ_NAME column.

6. Tab to the right until you locate the PROJ_CHECKOUTBY field.

7. In the PROJ_CHECKOUTBY field enter NULL in the field instead.

8 Press Enter to submit the change

You should then be able to go and actually delete the project successfully

Hopefully this should answer your question and assist you to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Dharmesh

(If this post was useful please vote this post as helpful)

• Proposed as answer by Dharm Patel Thursday, July 8, 2010 10:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by rockstorm Thursday, July 8, 2010 10:52 AM
    Thursday, July 8, 2010 8:31 AM
  • Hi Dharmesh,

It was really helpful post, especially the SQL way is so effective.. i like it :)

Dharmesh, I'm trying now to know if i can make a custom reports on PS, related to all projects i have on PS (like how many issues, tasks and risks i have in a project, how many resources i have in a specific project, and so on)....is that possible to do? if yes, could you guide me how can i start to do that

Many thanks

Scott.

Thursday, July 8, 2010 10:07 AM
  • Not a problem happy to help where I can.

For this, I would recommend starting a new posting and I will respond to this for you (and it is possible).  It is best to keep different topics to different threads to stop confusion for other forum members.

Thursday, July 8, 2010 10:12 AM
  • I'm a new member here and so excited to know more about PS :)

Yes, I'm going to make a new posting about the reporting in PS

Dharmesh, I would like to ask a question out  of our topic..how do you know that I've responded your post? Is there someone reminds you :)

Regards.

Thursday, July 8, 2010 10:33 AM
  • Hey Scott - no problem.  I get an alter when someone responds to a thread I have posted.

I'll keep an eye out for more postings from you..... :-)

Oh - also please mark this thread as answered if you are happy your question has been answered of course......

Thursday, July 8, 2010 10:38 AM
  • I have activated the alert option, when i first created this post, but it didn't work...where is that reminding me?..by email or by my profile??

Sure as sugar, I'm happy...thanks man

Thursday, July 8, 2010 10:52 AM
  • You should get an email to the address you gave.

Mike Glen
    Project MVP
    See http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc for my free Project Tutorials

I have activated the alert option, when i first created this post, but it didn't work...where is that reminding me?..by email or by my profile??

Sure as sugar, I'm happy...thanks man
    Thursday, July 8, 2010 3:11 PM
  • I really don't get any email, Although I have validated the alert option!

Regards.

Friday, July 9, 2010 1:44 PM