Can't build .NET solution RRS feed

• Question

• I've created a .NET application that displays an existing Crystal Report, which runs fine on my machine.  Following the directions from the Cyrstal Reports 10 and .NET document from Business Objects, I'm not able to build the application.  As described in the document, I added a setup project to the solution, with Merge Module CrystalReports10_NET_EmbeddedReporting.msm.  Added the keycode.  Added the Primary output from ExportAndPrintReport (the other project in the solution).  I have Crystal Reports X installed on my development machine.  But when I Rebuild the Setup project, I'm getting an 'Interface not registered' error.  This particular error is...

E:\Local Docs\SLambert\TCCA\Crystal\Distribution\ExportAndPrintReport\BOLSetup\BOLSetup.vdproj Could not find file 'C:\DOCUME~1\SLambert\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSDE0.tmp\CrystalReports10_NET_EmbeddedReporting.51C7A60C_AD31_495B_9913_7077386357F0\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\2.5\managed\GAC\zh-chs\CrystalDecisions.VSDesigner.resources.dll' 'Interface not registered'

Any help in resolving this would be great.  Thanks.

sean
    Monday, June 6, 2005 4:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Sean,

Looking through our kbase and from my own experience I haven't run across this error before.

In your ExportAndPrintReport project are all the Crystal related references pointing to version 10 files?

Can you create a new solution and then a setup project - only adding the CrystalReports10_NET_EmbeddedReporting.msm and proper license key? Does this build?

You might want to contact our support group to dig into this further.

http://support.businessobjects.com/fix/contact.asp

Keith - Business Objects

Tuesday, June 7, 2005 10:22 PM
  • Thanks Keith...

I figured out what the problem was...I had to register/re-register ole32.dll...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;835457

Thanks for your help.

sean
    • Proposed as answer by neonprimetime Thursday, July 17, 2008 9:04 PM
    Wednesday, June 8, 2005 4:25 PM