none
Does Dec CTP have updated Ink analysis? RRS feed

• Question

• Does the Dec CTP of the Windows SDK include the pieces that were in the Mobile and Tablet SDK?  In particular the new Ink Analysis APIs?
    Monday, December 19, 2005 7:54 PM

Answers

• IALoader.dll is included in the bin directory of the Windows SDK (%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v1.0\Bin\) and not the ReferenceAssembly directory.

For development purposes you can just copy that file to your project’s output directory or manually add it to your systems global assembly cache (e.g. drag and drop IALoader.dll to the %windir%\assembly\ directory). 

On your test/client machine, if you include the IACore.msm redistributable with your setup project, it will add IALoader.dll and IACore.dll to the test/client machine’s GAC.  In addition, COM applications will need to include IACOM.msm, WinForms applications will need to include IAWinFrm.msm and WPF applications will need to include IAWinFX.msm.  These MSMs can be found in the %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v1.0\Redist\ directory.

Thanks,

Jamie Wakeam

Program Manager, Tablet PC Platform Team

Microsoft Corporation

-----

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no

rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Thursday, January 5, 2006 1:27 AM

All replies

• Yes, the new Ink Analysis APIs are included in the Dec CTP of the Windows SDK. Just look for "Microsoft Tablet PC Ink Analysis Managed Library" when adding a reference to your WinForms project. 
    Tuesday, January 3, 2006 10:46 PM
  • I am actually using the WinFX API not the WinForms API.  I will check it out however.  My first attempt to use the Dec CTP did not include the API I need.
    Wednesday, January 4, 2006 1:02 AM
  • To be more precise I am looking for the equivelant of IAWinFX.dll that was in the Sept Mobile and Tablet PC SDK.
    Wednesday, January 4, 2006 2:46 AM
  • This had the namespace System.Windows.Ink.
    Wednesday, January 4, 2006 2:53 AM
  • It looks like the SDK includes the ink analysis DLLs, but is missing IALoaser assembly.

Could not load file or assembly 'IALoader, Version=1.7.5333.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

This was after a reinstall of the WinFX components, SDK, and Orcas preview.

Wednesday, January 4, 2006 7:00 AM
  • IALoader.dll is included in the bin directory of the Windows SDK (%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v1.0\Bin\) and not the ReferenceAssembly directory.

For development purposes you can just copy that file to your project’s output directory or manually add it to your systems global assembly cache (e.g. drag and drop IALoader.dll to the %windir%\assembly\ directory). 

On your test/client machine, if you include the IACore.msm redistributable with your setup project, it will add IALoader.dll and IACore.dll to the test/client machine’s GAC.  In addition, COM applications will need to include IACOM.msm, WinForms applications will need to include IAWinFrm.msm and WPF applications will need to include IAWinFX.msm.  These MSMs can be found in the %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v1.0\Redist\ directory.

Thanks,

Jamie Wakeam

Program Manager, Tablet PC Platform Team

Microsoft Corporation

-----

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no

rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Thursday, January 5, 2006 1:27 AM
  • Jamie,

Thanks for the follow-up.  By adding IALoader.dll to my references all seems to be working again.  I am still trying to figure out the rationale for where things are.  Some are in the run-time components, some in the SDK to be copied into the application install, some in reference assemblies, others elsewhere, etc.

Thursday, January 5, 2006 3:08 AM