none
Macro won't work despite security settings being set to allow any Macro RRS feed

• Question

• I have a number of simple VB Macros triggered by Command Buttons in a, EXCEL spreadsheet. These have worked well for a couple of years, but have inexplicably ceased last week. The Code is still present but the buttons do not respond; there's no change in the cursor and the buttons do not animate when clicked. They do not show the usual 'properties' table and by right clicking do not give the option of 'assign Macros'

I have copied and pasted the Comd Buttons and the new ones allow Macros to be assigned and show the animation (the impression of the button being depressed, if you like) but generate the message 'Macros may be disabled'.

I have changed the security settings to 'allow any Macro', but they still don't work, generating an error message stating that 'Macros may be disabled.'

I have two separate spreadsheets which have both ceased to work on the same day. I have not consciously changed any settings, nor changed anything on either spreadsheet. 

Monday, December 15, 2014 10:32 PM

Answers