none
Batching is active but orchestration not instantiated yet RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I have a party named "Boice XXXXX"   . I configured x12 edi properties for batching.

Till today morning it was working fine. i mean it was instantiating the batching orchestration when u said "Start".

it was also batching the messages properly.

But now i am facing a problem. It is not creating instance of batching orchestration on "Start".

I get following messages in order

1."Controll message is waiting to be processed "-> immediately after pressing "Start"

2."Batching is active but orchestration  not instantiated yet" -> after some time

and after that it will never activate the batching orchestration. can any one help me with this problem.

Thanks and regards

Srinivasa Mahendrakar

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 3:58 PM

Answers

• Try setting the poll interval to 5 seconds (it defaults to different value if you have beta2 bits). To configure this setting, go to "BizTalk EDI Application/Receive Location/BatchControlMessageRecvLoc" and click on SQL configure button and you will see the polling interval value there. Set that to 5 seconds, restart the BizTalk service and retry your scenario.

Please note that in the RTM bits this value defaults to 30 seconds.

Hope this helps

Mohsin

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 4:30 PM
  • When you click on the Start button, a message is sent to the Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.BatchingOrchestration.BatchingService orchestration. If this orchestration is not started, the message will be suspended, and orchestration wouldn't be instantiated.

1. Make sure in the "Biztalk EDI Application" all Microsoft.Biztalk.EDI.* orchestrations are started.

2. Check Group Hub page for any Suspended service instances, and check the error message.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 6:22 PM
  • Also verify, if the BatchControlMessageRecvLoc is enabled.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 8:54 PM

All replies

• Try setting the poll interval to 5 seconds (it defaults to different value if you have beta2 bits). To configure this setting, go to "BizTalk EDI Application/Receive Location/BatchControlMessageRecvLoc" and click on SQL configure button and you will see the polling interval value there. Set that to 5 seconds, restart the BizTalk service and retry your scenario.

Please note that in the RTM bits this value defaults to 30 seconds.

Hope this helps

Mohsin

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 4:30 PM
  • When you click on the Start button, a message is sent to the Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.BatchingOrchestration.BatchingService orchestration. If this orchestration is not started, the message will be suspended, and orchestration wouldn't be instantiated.

1. Make sure in the "Biztalk EDI Application" all Microsoft.Biztalk.EDI.* orchestrations are started.

2. Check Group Hub page for any Suspended service instances, and check the error message.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 6:22 PM
  • Also verify, if the BatchControlMessageRecvLoc is enabled.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 8:54 PM
  • Mohsin,

No it didnt solved my problem. When i deleted that party and created again it started working fine....

But your suggestion was very helpfull because it redused the time to activate a batching orchestration for a party from around  5 min to 5 sec.

Now i no need to wait for long time after clicking refresh button........ thank you very much

Thursday, September 20, 2007 6:19 AM
  • Just want to update one more scenario where it could just say "A control message is waiting to be processed" after batch is started and will not populate orchestration id.

Solution:

Irrespective of above error, There was an warning in eventviewer whenever I restarted Host instance - SQLXML assembly is missing version(1.0.0....) I was so lazy I ignored it all the time thinking that It has nothing to do with above error. But that was the root cause for the error message above. Then I checked control panel and saw that it was a different version of SQLXML that I have installed. I uninstalled prev version and installed the version (redistributable CAB files) that was mentioned in my event viewer error. Then I followed msdn site to get it up and running. Now I didnt get this error message instead orchestration id is populated and it says "Batch is activated".

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 7:09 PM