none
EmbeddedPackagePart not working RRS feed

• Question

• ...probably because I'm using Visual Basic, but here goes:

MainDocumentPart.AddNewPart(Of DocumentFormat.OpenXML.Packaging.EmbeddedPackagePart isn't working because the compiler expects a type that implements IFixedContentTypePart.

any help would be GREATLY appreciated, the OpenXML tool generated this code, not sure if my translation to VB is off but the criteria is pretty cut and dry, here's a snapshot from the IDE:

JB

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 4:07 PM

All replies

• wow...so this method works if AND ONLY IF you use the signature that takes two strings as arguments. Why the method signature would affect the type passed to a generic collection is beyond me. Great API.

JB

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 4:55 PM
  • Hi JBDevoArch,

in your last reply , I can see that you had mentioned that the method is working for you.

so is your issue solved? if yes, then please mark your last post as an answer.

so that we can close this thread.

we are unable to close this thread if you do not mark the answer.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 9:47 AM