Window.location.href is giving redirection error on IE8 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are running a site www.localbigwig.com, on the site under the My home listing tab, on the left side (please feel free to register) we have a feature of availability tab which is working fine on FF and Chrome but there is redirection error on IE when somebody clicks on Available and Unavailable button.

The code used is:

function submitFromTo(task) {

var from = document.getElementById('from').value;
    var to = document.getElementById('to').value;   
    var url = 'index.php?option=com_properties&controller=availables&task='+task+'&id=<?PHP echo $this->datos->id;?>&from='+from+'&to='+to;
    window.location.href=url;

}

<button type="button"  onclick="submitFromTo('FromToA')"><span><?php echo JText::_(''); ?></span>Available</button>

<button type="button"  onclick="submitFromTo('FromToUna')"><span><?php echo JText::_(''); ?></span>Unavailable</button>

Please help me out to resolve this issue.

Thank you

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 2:35 PM

All replies

• I am having this exact same problem and only with IE8.  I have a button with an onclick event that calls a redirect function with one line of code in it. The line is:

location.href = baseURL + "desiredPage.php";

Where baseURL has beed defined as "http://www.mysite.com/"

IE8 is throwing an error and the error message is "Unspecified error." (not very useful to say the least).

All other browsers handle the redirect without problem.  Does anyone know of a fix?

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 2:12 AM